**SUZUKI QUESTION???**

/ **SUZUKI QUESTION???** #1  

DIRTROAD

Platinum Member
Tractor
MF231, MF240, CAT D4K2
What do the positions on the fuel petcock valve mean? I am a Honda rider from way back and they always say on/off/reserve. I don't know which position is which on this Suzuki.

/ **SUZUKI QUESTION???** #2  
Get a catch can. Loosen & take off the fuel line. Off will be easy to find. At the next position let the tank drain. When the flow stops. Turn to the next position if nothing comes out, last position was reserve.

/ **SUZUKI QUESTION???**
I made a mistake in my original post. The "on", "off", and "res" are clearly marked. My question is what does the position marked "pri" do? Or what does "PRI" stand for?

/ **SUZUKI QUESTION???** #4  
Do not hold me to this but I think it means prime. Used to prime a dry carb, just enought to fill it. Do not let it in that position or gas can leak past the carb and flood/wash the cylinder. If you have fuel injection this may not apply. That is my 2 cents on it, only worth about that much.

/ **SUZUKI QUESTION???** #5  
Yep, Yanmars is right. PRI is prime. I use it in the spring to help start my Suzuki Katana. It lets gas free flow to the carb and saves a whole lot of battery juice to get it started. Great little function.

/ **SUZUKI QUESTION???**
Thanks guys. I had a feeling that might be what it stood for, just wasn't sure.

/ **SUZUKI QUESTION???** #7  
If you want a little more in depth explanation on how the "prime" function works and it's drawbacks watch this video. I convert a vacuum fuel cock to a manual one. It is very common on carbureted street bikes.

Fuel shut off valve conversion - The Junk man