Swag PortAband Table ?????

/ Swag PortAband Table ????? #11  
Anyone know if SWAG adapts to the HF Portable Band Saw?

/ Swag PortAband Table ????? #14  
I just ordered the version 1.0 Swag table. I have the older model HF 47848 Portable Bandsaw, the red one not the orange one. The Swag version 1.0 is only one they offer to fit it.

ImageUploadedByTractorByNet1460591417.364030.jpg

If I were to trade up to the newer HF 62800 Portable bandsaw ($130 - 20% = $104) and spend another $130 on the Swag version 3.0, I just as well just buy the HF 93762 ($260 - 20% = $208) vertical / horizontal band saw. Would be some added cost to put a proper stand with casters under though. Maybe $20-30 max.

ImageUploadedByTractorByNet1460592209.769098.jpg

ImageUploadedByTractorByNet1460592444.693148.jpg

If I were to upgrade to a Milwaukee or Dewalt difference is even greater.

My needs are hobbyist / ranch use only.

/ Swag PortAband Table ????? #15  
Harbor fright Sells a foot pedal switch that works with that saw nicely. Be sure to the the on/off one, not the variable speed one.

And there may also be a push on/push off style too. I wouldn't like that, but you might.
You can also make a larger table, and stand yoursrlf. That's what I did after seeing Jody of weldingtipsandtricks.com do the same(look on youtube).uploadfromtaptalk1460628471666.jpg
I made mine so I can just lift it out of the stand, if I need to use it normaly. The larger table can get in the way sometimes, but it can be changes back to the original easly.

/ Swag PortAband Table ????? #16  
I have the 3.0 version of the Swag table for my Milwaukee. I also have the HF foot pedal. They work well together.

Worthwhile getting a good quality sliding miter gauge for the table too.

/ Swag PortAband Table ?????
Well I got the Swag table and I really like it. It came across the country in 3 days with free shipping. I have the version 3 table and the 6232-20 deep-cut saw.

Swag1.JPG

When you mount the saw you hang it on a tab in the back of the table and then insert a thumb screw from underneath up thru the slot in the saw material guide and up into a threaded hole into the table. When the thumb screw is tight there is a 1/4" open space between the material guide and the table bottom.

Swag2.JPG

Tightening the thumb screw causes the saw to cock over to the right so the blade is not square to the table. To square up the blade you have to drive a set screw down thru the table top to lever the saw vertical using the thumb screw as a fulcrum. Took a lot of force. So much that the table deformed slightly and one side of the blade kerf in the table was higher than the other. That was easy to fix by clamping down the four legs of the table to my work cart.

Swag3.JPG

I didn't care for this that much even though it worked fine. I removed the set-screw and I cut a piece of 1/4" bar and drilled a 5/16' hole in it for a spacer between the guide and the table.

Swag4.JPG

Doing this the blade squared itself up just fine and I was happier. Probably just lucky too as I don't have a clue about the dimension variations between the saw and table.

Swag5.JPG

This set-up is going to be very handy and that is my report on the Swag ver 3 Port-A-Band Table.

Edit: I also got the foot switch. It works fine. It is branded Harbor Freight. Might be cheaper to go direct ???

gg

/ Swag PortAband Table ????? #18  
:thumbsup::thumbsup: You will enjoy it especially with the foot switch!

/ Swag PortAband Table ????? #19  
I know youll love the table. Opens up a whole new world for portabands. I never free hand mine anymore unless its some large piece that is too awkward to run through the PB mounted in its table.

/ Swag PortAband Table ????? #20  
I have two porta bands, one is a Mil, the other is a Rockwell... I have the Rockwell on a tripod that works pretty good.

I've been using Lennox bands, they are pretty good quality...

SR