Swap and sell section

/ Swap and sell section #1  

dennisthomas

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 755
Dont know if this has been tried but in another forum that I post (not tractor related) to has a nice swap and sell section. I know this forum has a Classified section but I never really see that much stuff on there. I dont know why. Ill have to admit that I never posted there myself but I look every once in a while. If your interested in looking at the swap and sell section in the forum I am talking about just pm me and I will send a link. Just a question I'm not trying to change this site. By the way have received lots of good info and help by reading this forum.
Dennis

/ Swap and sell section
Is this a sore subject? no replies yea or nay

/ Swap and sell section #3  
dennisthomas said:
Is this a sore subject?
No...I don't see much difference, in terms of function, to the Classified section.

With the other items the owners are working on, e.g., an updated Reviews section. it's probably a question of priorities. If people are not really using the Classifieds, I'm hard pressed to understand why they'd use a Swap and Sell section.

/ Swap and sell section #4  
Nothing wrong with talking about it. I think that it would be a good idea. One of the non-tractor sites that I am member of has a section like that and it seems to work very well there.

/ Swap and sell section
The non tractor site i post to also has a good site. I have bought quite a bit of items off of there. It would be a good place to sell or trade some extra implements you are not using anymore of post some items people saw on say craigslist or the local classified that not everyone has access to. Just my opinion. thanks
Dennis

/ Swap and sell section #6  
We've been thinking about possibly making a change to our classified system. So we're open to discussions... the only thing is, for the next 3-4 months, all of our development resources are being spent on another section upgrade. So this would be something that got done in the fall.

/ Swap and sell section #7  
The problem with the classifieds here is that everyone knows what it's worth and you're not gonna find a great deal!!!! Just read all the posts from people who want to sell something, but ask first what it's worth.

When I buy something used, I'm looking for a bargain. I understand it's desireable to get the most for something when you sell it, but it's very dificult to find a bargain here, when there are so many knowledgable people to advice the seller what he should be selling it for.

My best deals always come from the local free classifieds. I look every Thursday when it comes out and and have found a few great deals this way.

Eddie

/ Swap and sell section
Muhammad said:
We've been thinking about possibly making a change to our classified system. So we're open to discussions... the only thing is, for the next 3-4 months, all of our development resources are being spent on another section upgrade. So this would be something that got done in the fall.
That would be great will be looking foward to it. If you want a example just pm me and ill send you a link of the forum i frequent.

/ Swap and sell section
EddieWalker said:
The problem with the classifieds here is that everyone knows what it's worth and you're not gonna find a great deal!!!! Just read all the posts from people who want to sell something, but ask first what it's worth.

When I buy something used, I'm looking for a bargain. I understand it's desireable to get the most for something when you sell it, but it's very dificult to find a bargain here, when there are so many knowledgable people to advice the seller what he should be selling it for.

My best deals always come from the local free classifieds. I look every Thursday when it comes out and and have found a few great deals this way.

Eddie
Thats not always true the woodworking site I am refering to most people know what stuff is worth but there are still deals to be had. Not everyone is out to make a fast buck. Lots of stuff go for 1/2 of new or less. There is the few post that go for the same or close to new but that is few and far between. Most people sell things they dont use anymore or if there upgrading to say a bigger bandsaw they might sell thier old one to help pay for the old one or make room. Its not perfect but most everyone gets a pretty good deal. Just my .02