T25 Loader

/ T25 Loader #1  

clarkharms

Tractor
Kubota L3901
I am considering a T-25 tractor and see from the loader specs it can lift 1380 pounds. My deal breaker for this tractor is whether it can lift an IBC tote filled with red oak. The totes I use are the shorter 36" high totes not the 48" totes. The 48" totes are about 1600#'s, so figure 400#'s per foot I estimate the 3' high totes are 1200#'s. My kubota L3901 could lift these totes to full height, rated at 1140#, but had to be a full throttle with an attachment on the back, level ground, etc. Basically ideal conditions, which is fine because I stack them on the side of my driveway, paved, level ground.
Have any of you that own a T-25 lifted an IBC tote with firewood?

/ T25 Loader
I would only need that lift when stacking, which I do on level, paved ground. For getting around the yard I can keep it low, like one foot off the ground.
I had a larger machine, Kubota L3901. The problem with a larger machine is the weight can really tear up our yard. The kubota I had weighed 2800#, loaded rear tires adds 800#'s, front end loader with grapple 1200#'s, wood chipper on back another 1,000#'s. So mission ready 5800#'s. The TYM can do a similar mission at about 1/2 that weight (no loaded tires).
Again, moving those totes above say about a foot would be a very limited operation and I would rather have the tractor set up for the majority of my use than the 1% when I would need to push the envelope.

/ T25 Loader #4  
I've got a Branson 2610 which is similar in size I think. My lift capacity is just over 1400. It will lift and move that amount of ash firewood, but haven't tried oak. It will definitely be using every muscle and would make me nervous raising it 3-4 ft in the air. If this is a must for you, get the 2515 as suggested. For myself, I decided it was not a must have.
By the way, the weight of your forks makes some difference. Mine weigh around 250.

/ T25 Loader #5  
I've got to toss my hat in for the 2515 as well, it would handle your workload with ease.

/ T25 Loader
I agree the larger machine would be the simple solution.
However, as I already mentioned, I don’t want that heavy a machine on my property as it tears up the yard. Also, I would like the option to use this tractor at both of my houses. They are separated by about 200 miles. I have a utility trailer they can carry the smaller machine, cannot carry the heavier machine.
I did talk to my local dealer and he is willing to let me try and lift an IBC tote loaded with unseasoned red oak off of a truck. He seemed very confident that the T-25 can handle this load. I can post the results if interested, I will try and get the weight of the tote before I lift it.

/ T25 Loader #8  
I will say that I got to play around with a T25 when they were introduced. The dealer had a little playground set-up out back, tractor had a grapple, and I just moved logs for about 20 minutes, lol. That was the day the missus decided we needed a grapple ourselves. I bring that up because I was very impressed with the hydraulics on the machine.

If you're staying in that size, the T25 seems a solid machine. Similar in size are the Kioti CX2510 and LS MT2-25S, if you're looking for things to compare it to.

/ T25 Loader
I did find a video of a T25 moving a 5’ round bail of hay. Hard to say exactly what that weighs because moisture plays a big part in it but I have read they are typically around 1200# and would have a center of gravity farther forward than a firewood tote. The guy was able to lift it up and over into a feeding ring. Anyway I hope to get a test lift in next week.

/ T25 Loader #10  
I did find a video of a T25 moving a 5’ round bail of hay. Hard to say exactly what that weighs because moisture plays a big part in it but I have read they are typically around 1200# and would have a center of gravity farther forward than a firewood tote. The guy was able to lift it up and over into a feeding ring. Anyway I hope to get a test lift in next week.

Fill your tires and run a nice and heavy counterweight, then you're in your best shape. 👍