T330 Loader Control Valve

/ T330 Loader Control Valve
tymdealer(sorry don't know your name)
My dealer actually gave me the neutral post for the joystick and I am going to clean, pack, and readjust everything tonight. I am still working with my dealer for the economy replacement vavle--that would make any future problems (vent/water) non existant and a tractor that is usable not one I have to remove caps and grease all the time because of an engineering defect. It will also eliminate the low hoses and cables, simple is better most of the time.

I am estimating that all the ones you cleaned and lubed will have many future problems because the water will still settle to the bottom either from condensation or water getting in the vent. Hope you don't though.
Thanks

Here is the low down guys. I was at dealer today to get neutral post with ball for joystick to at least use my tractor till the problem is fixed. I came home and removed caps, float assembly, and springs. Cleaned up with PB Blaster and greased the snot out of. Dealer did take them apart and clean them up then grease them before reassembling this spring and sealing holes. Just shows you how much condensation builds up when mounted upside down. Well I was able to use the machine for now which is all I want, had to back fill the yard by house and will box blade tomorrow. I hope TYM pulls through and fixes this problem the correct way with replacing the valve setup, because I can't imagine the upkeep of this upside valve set up.
Time for a brew, Cheers!!

/ T330 Loader Control Valve #23  
Hi Tymdealer,
Glad you chose to respond. My situation is similiar to Grut's; whenever I push my loader joystick completely down into the float position, it then sticks there! And, it's getting increasingly harder to pop it back out of float.
Thus, I do not use that feature any longer and I only have 105 hrs on my machine!!
I do understand about taking off caps, cleaning, & greasing and I don't have any problems with that. What I am trying to learn/find out about is.......a step-by-step process to follow so that I don't screw up an operating system that otherwise works just fine!!
I have zero heart-burn with TYM.
But, I am 135 miles from my closest dealer and I have no trailer capabilities. I'd much rather just clean, grease, and restore by myself. All I need are some basic instructions -- such as which end holds the springs, steel balls, etc. Grut said it was opposite of the cable hook up end. OK, on mine at the opposite ends of the valve are what appear to be a set of double caps? Held on by two different sets of allen screws. Am I lookin in the right area?? Do I just remove each set of caps, noting what is held within? Is there going to be a zillion tiny pieces to get lost?? I have quite a bit of mechanical ability & I'm not afraid to do the work. I'd just feel alot better//safer if I either had a parts repair manual for that NIMCO valve; showing me the exact break-down of what's inside. Can you get me one of those??? If not, can you at least walk me through it one time? After I've done it once, it's a cake-walk for future maintainance. I just need some assistance either via a parts manual or a guideing hand from you.
Thanks for listening & for any further guidance you can offer. Greg

Use JJ's diagram. You are right with the caps opposite the cables. Lay everything out when removing. The taller cap is the one with the float assy..I was hesitant at first but with work to do and no progress from TYM I tore it apart after refferencing JJ's Prince diagram to get an idea and cleaned it up..Works pretty good...I used PB Blaster and a bunch of grease..

Have fun..

/ T330 Loader Control Valve #26  
Hi Tymdealer,
Glad you chose to respond. My situation is similiar to Grut's; whenever I push my loader joystick completely down into the float position, it then sticks there! And, it's getting increasingly harder to pop it back out of float.

isn't this how the float feature is supposed to work?:confused:

/ T330 Loader Control Valve #27  
myyaz33,

It is true that it should lock in float, but it should be easy to pop it out of float also. Then there are some that will not stay in float. A good cleaning will usually fix the problem.

/ T330 Loader Control Valve #28  
JJ is absolutely right the balls in the detent get dirty and sticky. a good cleaning and some lube will definitly help. Greg and Grut your loader valves are totally differen't with nothing at all in common. Grut the loader valve that you are wanting is actually a cheaper set up that is now used on our ecomony tractors the T300 and T350. The solution that i have done for my customers to solve the "upside down valve" is take the two allen screws out, clean the spring and cap then fill cap with grease and re-install. I know another dealer that has put rubber flaps over the caps and fasten them down with the allen screws. Gregster i don't understand the problem with your loader but if you explain your concern more i will try to help. TYM is the most helpful and caring company I have ever done buisness with. If you have a problem getting anwsers it may be more of a dealer problem if you have another dealer within a close distance it may be worth a try giving them a call to see if they have more expierence with TYM. Hope this helps
tymdealer...when you say "cheaper set up", what are you referring to? Cheaper as in quality? Cheaper in cost to install and maintain? Cheaper because why?

I have a T300 with that exact valve...well...the 3rd one now in 16 months and I feel it is the cause of many of my FEL issues. I am in the process of installing a new valve made by Brand out of Nebraska. I will be posting pics and a writeup to it on my post about my issue this weekend.

I am curious to your take on what "cheaper set up" really means...

Thanks,

Les

Les,

I believe he means cheaper as in the loader is not quick disconnect and yours does not have the ergonomic joystick with cables and the expensive(probably the same) upside down water holding valve!!!..
Grut

/ T330 Loader Control Valve #30  
Les,

I believe he means cheaper as in the loader is not quick disconnect and yours does not have the ergonomic joystick with cables and the expensive(probably the same) upside down water holding valve!!!..
Grut
That is possible...but I want to hear if from the "Horse's Mouth" so to speak...
I ask because of the issues I have had because of this certain controller. The first one barely worked at all and would allow total free-fall of the FEL...there was no feathering ability...it was all or nothing...
I will be (hopefully) be finishing the new valve install tomorrow and will post this weekend with all the details and pics.