T574

/ T574 #1  

brokenhornmw

Tractor
20 tym t494
Hello all ,

We are looking to buy our first tractor to work on some land we inherited.

The land has been neglected for years and it has many juniper trees that need to be removed of various sizes. We mainly want to remove sappling to 8 ft trees and cactus.

We found this front tree puller

Danuser intimidator

Intimidator | Tree & Post Puller | Danuser

Just wondering is the t574 too much tractor for this job or could i use a smaller tractor?

We will be using the tractor for other duties but the main purpose will be pulling trees and cactus from my property and my families other land close by. chollacactus.jpg

/ T574 #2  
Sounds like the trees are smaller, so any reason to go with the T574? Even looked at the T394 (37Hp) or T474 (48.3Hp)?

/ T574
No no reason, just thought a bigger tractor. We were not sure what a smaller could handle with tree pulling being the main job.

/ T574 #4  
This isn't pulling trees, but carrying a large green sappy log weighing about 2500#. The T474 is an impressive compact tractor so far. Tree puller seem to weigh 600# give or take by itself. If you choose a T494 (one frame size up and possible same as T574? T574 has a Turbo instead of N/A?) You get front loader lift capacity of 2780 and change. Vs 2160 on the T474.

IMG_2275.jpg

/ T574 #6  
Look at the T494, same frame/tractor just alittle less HP. I think for what your doing the frame size may come into play along with lift capacity.

/ T574
So we talked to a dealer in el paso about the t494 with the tx57 loader last week. He Contacted us today and said he is going to order the tractor today with the tree puller and auger. Says there is a 4 week lead time, so we will have to wait awhile till we get it.

Still going back and forth on the right auger. He didnt know what the hydraulic gpm or pressure the tractor puts out. The picture has 2 gpm and no psi for the tractor. 20200817_120817.jpgScreenshot_20200817-120258_Samsung%20Internet.jpg

/ T574 #8  
Usually, gear pumps on that size tractors run at 2000-2500 PSi. But don't misunderstand your pump flow. The posted volume is the pump output. If you ad some length of lines, quick connectors and so on, you're losing volume at your implement. Your auger will be running sllooooowwwww at the loader.

/ T574
So the dealer verified that it is 8.4 gpm. So it will spin at 48rpm.

Is that slow for digging a hole?Screenshot_20200819-185807_Samsung%20Internet.jpg

/ T574 #10  
Again, the pump puts out 8 gallons, that's true. But how many gallons get to the front of your loader will be for sure less.
What is the reason to put the auger on the loader? It will be difficult to see from the driver's seat where the auger actually hits the ground. To drill exactly marked holes is next to impossible without a second person.