Taking apart 5600 to fix 50-56 error code

/ Taking apart 5600 to fix 50-56 error code #1  

melgibson

Bronze Member
Anyone know how to 1) remove the cab fuse box to access the connectors from behind and 2) remove the steering wheel (per manual, remove the column nut and pull off, but this doesn’t work for me).

Thanks

/ Taking apart 5600 to fix 50-56 error code #2  
Why are you removing the fuse box and steering wheel for a CAN com fault ? sn# ?

/ Taking apart 5600 to fix 50-56 error code
The fuse box has to be checked for loose wires on the back. The steering wheel has to be removed in order to remove the entire dash in order to get to other connectors as well as find

...a way to get to the fuse block.

SN A0W113141

/ Taking apart 5600 to fix 50-56 error code #6  
Check fuses 1 and 4 first. display can be removed without removing dash. check continuity on CAN signal wirers from display to drive controller. Possible bad drive controller if fuses are ok.

Thanks Jabonee. I couldn’t reach behind it to get to the tabs. It’s out now so I’ll check those wires and let you know. The fuses are good, but I have had trouble with the relays.

On the steering wheel it turns out I need a puller to get it off the spline.

Ps: I’m replacing the fuse box because the plastic has melted around relay 2 (this happened quite a while ago). Even though I’ve replaced that relay and it seems ok for now, there could be a shorting wire at the box which I think I should check for. While the inability to drive it is my primary concern, there are multiple things, like 2 speed and work lights, that haven’t worked for a while and I want to fix everything once and for all.

Ps, ps: Another thing that broke a while ago was the hydraulic fan motor. At the time I consulted the Regional Service Rep and he said a workaround was just to disconnect the motor connector at the motor. This way the fan runs continuously at a speed related to engine rpm. Maybe this problem is related to the others.

Ps, ps, ps: Just you you have the complete picture, a long time ago I was driving in the rain and the machine stopped working. I finally got it started, then found that the dash controller had completely reset itself, including setting the hour meter to zero. All these other problems have developed over time since then.