Taking off Bobcat 753 Cab

/ Taking off Bobcat 753 Cab #1  

mitchash

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra MAX 28XL, Jinma 254 (Sold)
My 1995 Bobcat 753 cab is rusted and needs repair or replacing. The seat pan bracket is comming apart. I also need to replace the seals on the pincle shafts and it would be easier if the cab was off. What all is involved with getting the cab off? I have the digital display and there are a lot of wires going in the cab. Thanks, Ash

/ Taking off Bobcat 753 Cab #2  
Leave the lift arms down on ground. Unbolt the 2 front bolts and tilt cab up/back. On the back of the cab, to your right facing it are wire harness connections from the cab harness to main harness. All wires going into the cab have a disconnect back there. After wires are disconnected lower cab back down. Use strong wire or zip tie to hold the gas shock compressed then take it loose from frame or cab, you choice. At the rear of cab above the radiator are the 2 hinge bolts, remove them and cab should be ready to lift off.

/ Taking off Bobcat 753 Cab
I got everything disconnected from the cab but the two hinde bolts won't come out. There is a sleave that is between the bolt and rubber bushing and the sleaves are rusted to the bolts, they just spin. There isn't much room to tap them through, any ideas? Also the zipties I used (doubled) on the gas shocks didn't hold and they are extended now, how hard are they going to be to put back together?

/ Taking off Bobcat 753 Cab
With some heat and a little work I got the bolts out and the cab off. Now the real work begins!