Taking out a stump, a BIG stump

/ Taking out a stump, a BIG stump #51  
Mike,
That's incredibly clever. It's also an awfully big stump to get out with a little Farmall A. It's amazing what can be done with a little leverage and some basic knowledge of physics. Thanks for the post.

Greg

/ Taking out a stump, a BIG stump #52  
That's very clever.

I think I would have used dynamite though. It's very quick and safe so long as you know what you're doing. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Taking out a stump, a BIG stump #53  
GregJ, I'm glad your tractor survived the battle with the stumps.

Friday my stump was removed by an excavator, it was a joy to watch! I had the stump about 2/3rds dug out,(I probably had 4 hrs into it) he broke the rest of the roots and had the stump upside down so he could clean off the dirt in no time. I had pushed all the limbs into a pile with my tractor next to my fence. He placed the stump and all the limbs into a nice big pile on the other side of my fence where I can burn it once we get some rain. Tearing out the stump,moving the brush pile, ripping out the leftover roots, and backfilling the hole probably took about an hour. I would have had at least 6hrs into tearing out the stump. I don't have a thumb for my backhoe so the brushpile and tearing out the leftover roots would have taken some time too. If I ever need to remove green, large,stumps again I'm gonna rent an excavator! He looked like he was having fun.