Tanaka clogged carb

/ Tanaka clogged carb #1  

Hogarth

Tractor
Husqvarna
My Tanaka chainsaw stopped running so I realized that no fuel was getting through the carb so I took it apart and found that it is clogged and I can't get it cleared. I'd appreciate help if you have experience with this sort of thing. I posted a video to show the situation on Youtube. The link is below. Thanks.

/ Tanaka clogged carb #2  
New carb time and let me give you a hint, when you are done using it for an extended period, run it dry as in run it dry and choke it to suck every last drop of weasel pee gas out of it.

I use Stihl pre mix in mine (have the same saw you do) and the bottles of Stihl pre mix have stabilizer in them but I still take no chances. All my saws (1 Tanaka and 3 Stihl's) get run dry when I store them over a month.

You might get it unclogged with Berrymans B12 chem tool, maybe, but gasoline is a non starter in more ways than one.(n)

/ Tanaka clogged carb
New carb time and let me give you a hint, when you are done using it for an extended period, run it dry as in run it dry and choke it to suck every last drop of weasel pee gas out of it.

I use Stihl pre mix in mine (have the same saw you do) and the bottles of Stihl pre mix have stabilizer in them but I still take no chances. All my saws (1 Tanaka and 3 Stihl's) get run dry when I store them over a month.

You might get it unclogged with Berrymans B12 chem tool, maybe, but gasoline is a non starter in more ways than one.(n)
Thanks for the tips. For a few bucks I think I'll try the B12 before springing for the new carb.

/ Tanaka clogged carb #4  
When I don't plan to run small engines for a bit - like over winter, I'll either run them dry or empty the fuel tank and then try to start it to run the last fuel out of the lines. To prevent problems I run an ounce of Marvel Mystery Oil per gallon of fuel though I've had good luck with Sea Foam as well. Depending on the model, the carburetor (new) for your chainsaw can be $15 and up on eBay.

/ Tanaka clogged carb #5  
Does this carb use a primer bulb(two fuel nipple on carb) or just a single fuel line setup. If it has a primer bulb then just go ahead and get the new carb, because at this point the check valves will either be stuck open and not prime, or stuck shut and won't allow fuel through the main fuel jet.

/ Tanaka clogged carb
When I don't plan to run small engines for a bit - like over winter, I'll either run them dry or empty the fuel tank and then try to start it to run the last fuel out of the lines. To prevent problems I run an ounce of Marvel Mystery Oil per gallon of fuel though I've had good luck with Sea Foam as well. Depending on the model, the carburetor (new) for your chainsaw can be $15 and up on eBay.
Thanks.

/ Tanaka clogged carb
Does this carb use a primer bulb(two fuel nipple on carb) or just a single fuel line setup. If it has a primer bulb then just go ahead and get the new carb, because at this point the check valves will either be stuck open and not prime, or stuck shut and won't allow fuel through the main fuel jet.
It has a primer bulb, yeah.

/ Tanaka clogged carb #8  
It has a primer bulb, yeah.
That is the main reason why repair shops just replace the carb most of the time. Your chances of getting it cleaned, and reassembled with new repair parts and not have a check valve stick is about 50/50 if using just soap and water to clean it. If carb cleaner is introduced then the chances are about 10/90 because carb cleaner swells the rubber disc in the check valves.

/ Tanaka clogged carb
That is the main reason why repair shops just replace the carb most of the time. Your chances of getting it cleaned, and reassembled with new repair parts and not have a check valve stick is about 50/50 if using just soap and water to clean it. If carb cleaner is introduced then the chances are about 10/90 because carb cleaner swells the rubber disc in the check valves.
I can't find this carb anywhere. I don't know if I am looking for the wrong number or what. If you can figure this out and tell me where to get one I'd appreciate it.

Attachments

• 20210921_142845.jpg
    20210921_142845.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 100
  • 20210921_142908.jpg
    20210921_142908.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 92
   / Tanaka clogged carb #10  
This is why it's risky to buy Chinese stuff. They make things to be consumable, not repairable.

It's probably easier to just buy a new saw...