Tanaka clogged carb

/ Tanaka clogged carb #11  
Looks like everywhere I would normally looks for parts is showing it out of stock. Found prices from $78-154 so I would be attempted to just try installing a repair kit K27-WAT and see what happens.

/ Tanaka clogged carb
This is why it's risky to buy Chinese stuff. They make things to be consumable, not repairable.

It's probably easier to just buy a new saw...
Wow. I was not aware of that. Lesson learned. Hopefully the Berrymans B12 will do the job.

/ Tanaka clogged carb #13  
Do not use any time of solvent that is not rubber safe. Doing so will swell the check valves and make the carb unrepairable in most cases.

/ Tanaka clogged carb #14  
I use B12 in my heated ultrasonic cleaner for all sots of stuff. I really does the job with coagulated e-gas in a jug. I here the 'Gunk' stuff is pretty good too.

You still have to strip the carb apart and 'dunk' it minus the rubber parts.

/ Tanaka clogged carb
This is why it's risky to buy Chinese stuff. They make things to be consumable, not repairable.

What is a good brand?

/ Tanaka clogged carb #16  

Tanaka is not chinese junk. It is a high quality japanese product.

Not properly taking care of equipment will wreck the best made stuff out there. Leaving fuel to go bad in a small engine is hardly the manufacturer's fault.

/ Tanaka clogged carb #17  
Tanaka is not chinese junk. It is a high quality japanese product.

Not properly taking care of equipment will wreck the best made stuff out there. Leaving fuel to go bad in a small engine is hardly the manufacturer's fault.
I'll respectfully disagree with your comment. Tanaka is the Chinese offshoot of Makita. Makita uses Tanaka to build second tier equipment in China copying Makita's lines. IOW, Tanaka is the lower cost alternative to Makita.

/ Tanaka clogged carb #18  
I'll respectfully disagree with your comment. Tanaka is the Chinese offshoot of Makita. Makita uses Tanaka to build second tier equipment in China copying Makita's lines. IOW, Tanaka is the lower cost alternative to Makita.
A quick google search indicates we are both right. Some Tanaka parts are made in China and there have been some ownership buyouts. Hitachi was listed as one. Did not see anything about Makita.

/ Tanaka clogged carb #19  
I happen to have the same saw the OP has and it's a nice trimming saw but the one thing I do with all my saws (have 4 of them, mostly Stihl) is, I drain all the gas out when they are sitting idle, drain out the gas and then start them on choke to suck them completely dry. Don't drain the the bar oil out, just the gas. I can let them sit for years, refill the gas tanks, couple pulls and they run just peachy.

/ Tanaka clogged carb #20  
I too have a Tanaka saw, a pole saw, as well as a Stihl which extends. Much prefer the Tanaka. It is a very high quality saw. Tanaka is not popular in the US and they only make smaller saws, 50 cc is about it. I cut a lot as I have an outdoor wood furnace and a sawmill. I have Stihl, Husqvarna, Dolmar, Echo, Solo and Efco saws. Mostly the pro models. I had saw fever for several years!

Agree the best aproach is to drain them and run them dry. I also use Non-Ethanol fuel exclusively.