tank sprayer suggestions?

/ tank sprayer suggestions? #12  
Haven't used it myself but has decent reviews and affordably priced.

Carry in the FEL when needed if you have one.

/ tank sprayer suggestions? #13  
C36FBE4B-F925-4072-9FAB-FAB5546DCE4C.jpeg

25 gallons. 12’ boom. Hand sprayer wand. It’s damn amazing.
C36FBE4B-F925-4072-9FAB-FAB5546DCE4C.jpeg
54229F1E-0BE1-4F00-AE8F-E8C7B6CA5D43.jpeg

/ tank sprayer suggestions? #14  
I use a

Master SAO-H3-015B-MM 15 Gallon Economy ATV Broadcast & Spot Sprayer-Everflo 2.2 GPM, 16 Foot Coverage​

sprayer which operates off of 12v clip leads to my Kubota B2150 battery. The leads that come with the unit are very handy/nice and give me an on/off rocker switch that I can hold onto from the seat of the tractor. Place the tank/sprayer/pump/unit in the bucket of the FEL and tip the bucket such that the spray head is aimed just right toward the driveway below. I chose a single head rather than some array of heads because of simplicity and avoiding trying to keep multiple spray tips clean and open all the same at the same time. You can vary the width of spray coverage by raising or lowering your bucket containing the sprayer with the tip sticking over the edge of the bucket. The wide spray pattern of this unit works great on my gravel driveway at a vacation place. Like you I have chronic nuisance issues with grass and weeds growing up in the gravel.

I use 2% glyphosate diluted mixture (diluted from the 41% concentrate bought at Tractor Supply.) That may be overkill on strength. I find 15 gallons covers a roughly 250 ft long circular driveway about 3 times depending on tractor speed. Also includes a couple of wider parking areas. You pretty much just have to do trial and error of tractor speed versus the fixed spray rate of these sprayers. I've been doing this for 3 years (summer seasons) now and have it down to a routine which is very effective.

The problem is inflation and the crazy prices ! In 2020 I paid $189 for this sprayer via Amazon. Now they are asking over $300. I think there ARE several other models down closer $200 but not sure of the nozzle arrangements or how good they are. On top of that , 2.5 gal of glyphosate 41% concentrate at TSC was $54 last year and is now $135 !! You just have to shop around and grab your billfold for protection.

In your situation with a 1300 ft (that's a quarter mile) driveway you would be spending a lot of $ at current prices to do that with the same method I described. Still, it depends on your time and circumstances. If the whole 1300 ft needs it that is probably the right way to do it. You might very well get by with a lower % glyphosate and not doing 3 redundant passes. I realize I am doing overkill.

The sprayer above has both the broadcast 16 ft spray pattern nozzle and feed as well as a separate hose and wand that you COULD use for manual spot treatment of problem areas. With that long a driveway you might want to broadcast spray the more "uniform weedy areas" and do the manual hose and wand for parts of the drive that have just spots of weeds/grass.

I used to use a hand carried 2 gal tank with a pump handle and wand which took forever to spray the entire 250 ft driveway (not spots.) Extremely tedious. Very happy now doing it in about 10 minutes per pass or less with the 12v / 15 gal rig and the small tractor.

/ tank sprayer suggestions? #15  
This spring I bought a fimco 25gallon atv sprayer.

After about 3-4hrs run time using it, the high flow pump fell apart (metal screws stripped the plastic housing and backed out), and the valve manifold came apart and would not stay latched (faulty latch, which was also part of the cheap pump housing).

I ended up returning that and ordered this:

I have about 3-4hrs on the agspray as well.
Ends up they are both made by Fimco. However, the first "fimco" and the second "agspray" made by fimco, are very different. The agspray pump is a sureflow, with a metal housing, and actual machine screws holding the sections of the pump together. The valve manifold is similar, minus the flimsy latch. Also the sediment bowl is up on top by the pump, very sturdy and accessible, unlike the fimco inline screen which is hidden below under the tank, hard to get to, and requires tools to remove. Both guns seem fairly high quality, one short, one long. I actually prefer the longer type. The fimco also had an inexpensive pressure gauge, the agspray had a fluid filled higher quality very sturdy pressure gauge.
Why did you buy a sprayer that covers 30' if you didn't need it? How do you spray your pasture/lawn with a spot sprayer?
I've got one of the 3 nozzle sprayers. I've had it for about 12 years. I've had a few problems with it but not the pump. I replaced the hose and repaired a hole in the tank, but I'm still using it to spray my pastures with 2,4-d.

/ tank sprayer suggestions?
Nice setups! I do have a FEL to put the tank in.

With a 4x4 ATV costing 10k that is what i may do.

Are the pumps replaceable on these tanks?

/ tank sprayer suggestions? #17  
Why did you buy a sprayer that covers 30' if you didn't need it? How do you spray your pasture/lawn with a spot sprayer?
I've got one of the 3 nozzle sprayers. I've had it for about 12 years. I've had a few problems with it but not the pump. I replaced the hose and repaired a hole in the tank, but I'm still using it to spray my pastures with 2,4-d.
I bought it on a recommendation from someone with similar experience as yours. And I do need coverage for woodlot trails and pasture areas, mostly to keep the invasive brush out. Maybe things have changed in 12yrs. What I got was cheaply built, with expensive to replace parts that self destructed and were unrepairable. My current solution for the 30ft coverage is to spot spray the woodlots, and wait on the pastures until I fab together my own high quality reliable boomless set of nozzles and ball valves.

/ tank sprayer suggestions? #19  
Nice setups! I do have a FEL to put the tank in.

With a 4x4 ATV costing 10k that is what i may do.

Are the pumps replaceable on these tanks?
Yes from tractor supply