tank sprayer suggestions?

/ tank sprayer suggestions? #31  
I have a Fimco ,12' boom for my Atv works well but you must wear protection(Roundup type of spray) 15 gal.tank.Pumps are replaceable should be rinsed after use of glyphosate.
Your case ,I would purchase one for the three point and go with a 25 gallon.

/ tank sprayer suggestions? #32  
Some ideas. This is the setup that I dreamed about for years.

I started with the 25 gallon Fimco sprayer from TSC for the bed of my Mule. Legs broke after a while, so I salvaged the Fimco pump and wand and bought a 65 gallon poly tank from TSC. Custom added that setup to my non-FEL tractor with pipe that bolted to the frame - only required 2 bolts to install/deinstall:
1656953820770.png

Sold that tractor and moved the sprayer to a larger Kubota with FEL. Modified the setup to utilize the 3 point in back instead of using the front. In addition to the electric pump, added a PTO pump and boomless spray head that will do 40 feet. Had to redesign the Boomjet spray head support a few times because the brass lead was too bouncy and rough on the PVC piping:
1656954043970.png

Detail:
1656954426815.png

Since the above pictures, I have added a second bigger Fimco pump that will run parallel w/ the original Fimco. Allows full pressure at the wand and each pump can be independently turned on/off. Wiring goes to an electric weatherproof port behind the operator seat, facing the 3 point.

1656954729490.png

/ tank sprayer suggestions? #33  
View attachment 752762
25 gallons. 12’ boom. Hand sprayer wand. It’s damn amazing.View attachment 752762View attachment 752763
I have been wanting to replace the sprayer setup my husband made years ago. He set it up so the width could be half wide(changed manually), for spraying the sides of our gravel drive, which including side roads is 3/4 mile. The sprayer is 5 ft. wide. I like how it is powered from the back of the tractor(do not know what it is called, it is a plug-in, shown in picture, perhaps called a 7-pin connector)) and there is an off/on switch that goes from the sprayer over the seat to my right side(switch shown in picture). It is set up on a carry-all, which is kept on a piano dolly to move around. It is easy to maneuver, easy to connect to the tractor(pictured), and in the late fall I put in inside a covered building so the pump does not freeze. I have read the specs about your recommended sprayer on the NorthStar site. My questions: could this sprayer be set-up on my carry-all and be used similar to my current setup? Could this be setup to run off the back power source? To change from full width spray to either side or center spray, can that be done from the tractor or must it be done manually? The current sprayer is getting the job done but I am waiting for it to fall apart any day. Any suggestions appreciated.
The above post was supposed to be mainly for the CloverKnoll Farms posting.
Just read some reviews on this sprayer. Some do not like the size of the nozzle, saying they are too large. And the tank does not spray well when the water level gets low. Comment? Just curious, at what gear do most people spray at(gravel drive) and what rpms? I have been doing 2nd-1, 1500, does well enough but seems to take forever. 2nd-2 seems a tad too fast.

Attachments

• sprayer system 001.jpg
    sprayer system 001.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 57
  • sprayer system 002.jpg
    sprayer system 002.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 63
  • sprayer system 003.jpg
    sprayer system 003.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 62
  • sprayer system 004.jpg
    sprayer system 004.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:
   / tank sprayer suggestions? #34  
What do you guys use to kill weeds with? I have a back pack sprayer but just doing my drive way i have to fill it up multiple times. I have weeds and grass that grows in the middle of my gravel driveway which is 1,300 feet long and that is not even counting the fence line.

I have a Kubota b tractor but i have been toying with the idea of buying a ATV and putting a tank on the back of the racks. Seems like the most maneuverable way?
I just sprayed my driveway on both sides, the center is paved. I used Grass and Weed Killer, 41% Glyphosate at 3 oz. per gallon with an 1.5 oz per gallon of 24D just to give It a little extra kick. It's very effective. The 41% Glyphosate is from Home Depot. I got 2.5 gallons for $105. A couple years ago it was about $60 or less. The 24D was from a local grain elevator and I've had that awhile so I don't know what it cost. The portion of the driveway that I spray is about 2000 ft. with the rest in the woods, so I don't bother with that. I just bought a DeWalt battery back pack sprayer. I fill it about 3.5 gallon and spray about 9 gallons total. I park the truck partway down to carry my refill spray and water. I was pleased with the DeWalt sprayer quality and performance. I've always used a hand pump back pack sprayer, but my shoulders are getting bad, so the battery power was appreciated. Hope this helps.

/ tank sprayer suggestions? #35  
I use a 8 gallon spot sprayer usually put it in back of utv or back rack of quad depending on what I'm spraying.

/ tank sprayer suggestions? #36  
I just figured up the cost to fill a 25 gal tank with weed killer! I use round up Concentrate Plus and it says to use 6 oz. per gallon of water on hard to kill weeds so 6x25 is 150 oz.

64 oz cost me $37.

I'm gonna have to go to the local farm store and find something cheaper. I'm not pay over $100 just to kill weeds!
If you want to kill weeds then buy 2 4 d it is much cheaper than gly and lasts longer, I bought 24d at rural king recently for a liitle over 20 bucks a gal.

/ tank sprayer suggestions? #37  
What do you guys use to kill weeds with? I have a back pack sprayer but just doing my drive way i have to fill it up multiple times. I have weeds and grass that grows in the middle of my gravel driveway which is 1,300 feet long and that is not even counting the fence line.

I have a Kubota b tractor but i have been toying with the idea of buying a ATV and putting a tank on the back of the racks. Seems like the most maneuverable way?

Over the years I have bought 15 gallon and 25 gallon 12 volt spot sprayers. They both worked well in the bed of my Ranger until its charging system wore out, and then coupled with a 12 V car battery in a 3 pt hitch dump box behind my Bolens G174 for row work in the garden. The 15 gallon remains dedicated to pesticides delivery, but the 25 has long since been adapted with a curly garden hose and nozzle, and devoted to watering tomatoes, cucumbers, flowers and young trees, at which it has served admirably in the back of my Kioti Mechron 2200PS , whose alternator so far has been up to the task of providing 8 amps for the pump through the cigarette lighter.

I resurrected the Roundup sprayer from the shed to spray gypsy moth egg sacs this spring. Then I discovered an incredibly persistant orange, gooey mass in the bottom of the tank. I guess I left some Roundup mis in it. That was a task to remove, but the pump survived the abuse.

For years now I have avoided the Roundup spraying sessions which were considered essential as I established black walnut plantings on the property. Wild parsnip, an invasive in our area, takes about three years to become immune to Roundup. As well, the link to non-Hodgins lymphoma rattled me a bit, as my father died of that disease, even though he was an organic farmer.

The way to deal with the vegetation in the centre of your driveway is to hook a 5' box blade to your B-series Kubota and play with it. My B7510 has proven astonishingly good on a box blade.

This year I re-qualified for my third 5 year pesticides license to knock down suckers from beech stumps in my woodlot. I used a backpack sprayer for that in spring, though switched to the 15 gallon tank on the Kioti to spray dormant oil and sulphur on gypsy moth eggs on trees around the property. I have only seen two caterpillars this year so far, so either the mixture worked, or the winter frozt killed the many egg sacs.

/ tank sprayer suggestions? #38  

For a load in the backpack sprayer I use 350 ml of Roundup concentrate. 2% is the target mix. It works, but put on your vapour mask and long sleeves and long gloves folded to stop drips. That concentrate burns like battery acid. In Canada you have to be certified as a pesticides applicator in order to buy the stuff. 10 litres last cost me $280 CDN about five years ago. I'm still working my way through the jug.

Last edited:
   / tank sprayer suggestions? #39  
Look at the pictures of Nancyk's little Fimco 25 gal boom sprayer mounted on a plywood base sitting and attached to a 3 pt carryall. It has the 12 ft boom and a great hand gun. I have used this same type rig for years. I can hook it on the back of my tractor in minutes...aligator clips on the battery. drive along and spray the center of my 2-track farm roads, or use the hand gun for fence rows. Since you already have a tractor this is so much less expensive alternative than buying an ATV or golf cart. I even used mine to spray weeds in the big 2 acre lawn this year. I would be lost without it.

/ tank sprayer suggestions? #40  
I use a FIMCO 40 gallon that attaches to my 3 point. Bought it from TSC. I also added an extra 50' of hose so I can park the tractor and use the wand sprayer farther from the tractor when needed. I didn't think I would get as much use as I do from it but I use it a LOT.
I have the same setup as you. It's amazing how often I use it.