TC29D red parking brake plunger stuck

/ TC29D red parking brake plunger stuck #1  

booboo04

Tractor
New Holland TC29D
Hi everybody, so I'm a firm believer in safety, and use that little red plunger to set the parking brake. Now it's stuck in the "up"/engaged position. Pushing on the brake pedals don't do the trick to release it. Any suggestions?

THANKS!

/ TC29D red parking brake plunger stuck #2  
I have a 33, the cable got rusted up inside and seized the movement. I initially sprayed some penetrating oil inside the cable, but I had to eventually replace it.
Try pushing down on the handle with the brake pedal pushed down. You could disconnect the cable from the linkage and see if the linkage is frozen up.

/ TC29D red parking brake plunger stuck #3  
I had a similar situation with my TC40DA, which uses a rod instead of a cable to set the "parking" brake. It is not a separate brake like a driveline brake. It is a pretty simple mechanism to trouble shoot. When you step on the brake pedal and pull the cable a locking tab rotates to engage the brake pedal and prevent it from returning to the up position. Step on the pedal again and there is a spring to pull back the locking tab and let the brake pedal return to the up position. Check to see if the spring broke or came loose. My spring had come loose.

As chander said a frozen cable would also prevent the locking tab from rotating and releasing the brakes. When you push the brake pedal down and hold it, the cable should move freely up and down. Occasionally spraying some lube on the bolt used as a pivot point for the locking tab helps as well, to allow free movement for the locking tab to rotate.

Here is the parts diagram from Messick's. The parking brake is at the bottom of the list.

/ TC29D red parking brake plunger stuck #4  
A cable luber might help drive the lube thru the cable better.

/ TC29D red parking brake plunger stuck #6  
Wonder if the OP got the brakes released?

/ TC29D red parking brake plunger stuck
Hi guys, had a little dermatology procedure which turned into a surgery so one eye's swollen just about shut. I'll have to wait a few more days to look at it. Any particular cable luber you'd recommend?

/ TC29D red parking brake plunger stuck
Thanks, just ordered one. Will report back on my results!

/ TC29D red parking brake plunger stuck #10  
One tip.....if the lube doesn't spray through the luber, loosen it some, then get your red lube spray tube in, then snug it up. Technique is more important than how tight it is.