TC40D under ?A-Plan?

/ TC40D under ?A-Plan? #1  

DocHeb

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC40D Supersteer
Has anybody purchased a New Holland tractor under the Ford "A-Plan" recently? I thought this benefit was gone, yet at the New Holland Dealer today there was a large banner that read "New Holland A-Plan Headquarters". The salesman said the sale had to be made in the name of the Ford employee, and that it would "knock about $1700 off" the TC40D.

/ TC40D under ?A-Plan? #2  
Through my company I can buy Ford vehicles (not sure why I would want to though/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif) through the X plan. Does this also apply to New Holland tractors?

/ TC40D under ?A-Plan? #3  
I was wondering the same thing. Look towards the bottom of http://www.medinatractor.com/.....basically says Ford employees may be eligible to purchase at dealer cost + freight and setup. If this is true, that should work out to more than $1700 on a TC40. I don't know where one can find the current dealer cost numbers. The dealer isn't exactly an independent source of this info. The car #'s are easy to get. My dad got a flyer from a new NH dealer in his area which also mentioned a ford discount. I'm not sure why this would be....Fiat employees don't get to by Fords on A-plan. Where are you located? What dealer did you go to?

/ TC40D under ?A-Plan?
I was at WF Sell near Metro Airport on Telegraph Road. The prices he quoted for the tractor seem to be close to what "cost" for Tractor/Tires/Loader would be, but they seem to be charging list for all the additional items (remotes, canopy).

/ TC40D under ?A-Plan? #5  
I rcently purchased a TC33 and yes you can use the A plan with some different rules. First, you can not finance it through the dealer, cash or check only. You can get a loan somewhere else however then pay them. it can only be purchased in the name of the Ford employee only. No relatives. It's a big savings. I was told this was the agreemnet Ford had with New Holland even though they are not related anymore. Just like after the year 2000 NH can no longer put the name Ford on the tractor.

/ TC40D under ?A-Plan? #6  
kch- where are you located and what dealer did you buy from? When I recently got some prices from a dealer he also let me know what all the interest rates were. I was very clear about getting the A-plan pricing but based on your post, I'm not sure why he also gave me the rates (I didn't ask). It does seem strange that NH would forgo the opportunity to make $ on potential finance charges. Perhaps a third party actually does the financing so NH has nothing to gain?? Where does one find the plan prices? I'm also considering a TC33. Would you be willing to let me know how your tractor is equipped and what it cost either here or in a private email?

/ TC40D under ?A-Plan? #7  
The dealer gave me two prices which he got right out of the book they use. First was the A plan price and then was the regular price. I was not sure which one I was going with so he gave both. They did not try to hide it. I only had a relative who worked for Ford so in order for me to get the A plan price it had to be sold in his name or financed in his name. Well that would have been fine if I was paying cash but i needed to finance it and at the time NH had the 4.9% going so i did not go with the A plan. I don't remember exactly but I got prices on three different tractors and they all seemed to be $1,200 to $1700 less then the regular after you dicker-um-down price. I had a uncle buy one on the A plan but he paid cash. I think it may be the actual Ford employee can get financed through NH but a friend or relative can not. That was the difference.

I got a TC33 with a loader, box blade and Woods rear finish mower. The A plan price and financing only covers the Tractor and loader if the loader is a NH loader. It does not cover the others. So I can't really say for certain what the A plan price was because i did not end up using it.

/ TC40D under ?A-Plan? #8  
As Jim said - if anyone looks into this and finds out if the "X" plan applies please post it here! We also get the "X" plan through work as a Ford "partner".

/ TC40D under ?A-Plan? #9  
I went to a dealership on Friday at lunch. He said "no", but I think that may have just been an answer to get me to shut up and so that he didn't have to work and find an answer. He also came back and said the "A" plan would only save about $500. I wasn't overly impressed by this dealer even though they are supposed to be one of the biggest in the state. Not sure how though with what my thoughts/impressions were. Guess maybe because I wasn't buying a 60k backhoe.

Jim

/ TC40D under ?A-Plan? #10  
Two dealers prices

FWIW I got A-plan prices from two dealers for the following...

TC30,hydro,7308 loader, 60" bucket, R4s
MI dealer: 15,000
OH dealer: 15,155

TC33D,hydro,7308 loader,60" bucket, R4s
MI dealer: 17,655
OH dealer: 16,540

Neither price includes tax. The ohio dealer said A-plan is dealers invoice minus any monthly programs, plus inbound freight and setup....I didn't get broken out freight and setup charges. Looking at the prices, they must have very different set-up.....esp on the TC33D! /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif As far as X-plan goes, I think you guys are out of luck /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif