TC40DA here!

/ TC40DA here! #11  
Barry very nice looking ride. I've had mine for 2 years and don't know how I would get along without it.

I have to admit that after looking at your picture though I'm as confused as Jim.

Made a call to Akron Tractor 5 minutes ago and they assured me that any DA model TC-40 with a 16LA or 17LA loader should come equipped with the deluxe joystick sporting the rabbit/turtle switches to control the hydro. You may want to question your dealer further and keep us informed of the outcome.

Good luck to you. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ TC40DA here!
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ...
I have to admit that after looking at your picture though I'm as confused as Jim.

Made a call to Akron Tractor 5 minutes ago and they assured me that any DA model TC-40 with a 16LA or 17LA loader should come equipped with the deluxe joystick sporting the rabbit/turtle switches to control the hydro. You may want to question your dealer further and keep us informed of the outcome.

Good luck to you. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font>

Thanks for checking. I'll call the dealer in the morning. I'm beginning to think that these are "old school" guys. This dealer was my first stop when I started shopping. I told him I was looking to replace my 4000. He didn't even offer up a hydro, just a 12x12.

I'll keep you informed.

/ TC40DA here! #13  
Barry, I think your dealer may have installed a loader on a non-loader ready tractor. He probably had the option available for the gear model tractor and is trying to "hornswaggle" you into taking that setup. If you accept that as-is, you will have a non-standard tractor that is a semi-deluxe model. You'll not be able to find any Repair Manual that shows your setup. Heck you might as well have put a Bush Hog loader on it and saved yourself a thousand dollars.

Man! I wouldn't put a damper on your new tractor for anything, but I think some dealers are like the contractor who built my house. He'd do something wrong and then whine about how long it would take to fix it and how I'd have to wait to get into my new house. That's an old ploy when someone is exercising their "smoke and mirrors" technique.

Barry that's a great tractor and there's no reason it should not be right. Your salesman needs to worry more about you the customer than worry about his boss.

Well, enough of my ranting... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif I think you know what you need to do. A call to New Holland would surely put that dealer straight on what a "Deluxe" optioned tractor should be. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

BTW: Thanks for your kind words about my loader tutorial. Every time I hear that it helped somebody, it sure makes me proud. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ TC40DA here! #14  
I'd ask the dealer to show me the page in his catalog that shows the hydraulic valve kits for the loader. You can see one for yourself here. (Scroll down to page 11.) It shows p/n 710440056 "for TC35A-TC45A ("A" models only)" and 716254006 "for TC35DA-TC45DA ("DA" models only)". The sad part is that the price difference between the two kits is only $50 retail. I don't know if at this point it would be easier to swap kits, or just the parts that are different. It's a minor thing, but you should get what you paid for, and minor things can sometimes sour a deal.

/ TC40DA here! #15  
If it were mine I would print the information that chatcher (Chuck) was nice enough to supply. With that information in hand visit your dealer and see if you can get what you paid for. Knowledge in most cases is power.

Sounds like you still may have the edge also since you haven't made payment for the tractor as of yet. I hope it all works out to your benefit.

/ TC40DA here! #16  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The sad part is that the price difference between the two kits is only $50 retail. I don't know if at this point it would be easier to swap kits, or just the parts that are different. It's a minor thing, but you should get what you paid for, and minor things can sometimes sour a deal.
)</font>

You are right, Chuck. Because he has the rabbit/turtle switch on the right fender, it means the wiring harness is already there. All that needs to be added is the correct joystick. I just replaced mine and I think it was around $30. For his dealer to tell him it's a $700 option is absolutely ridiculous. All his dealer has to do is install the correct joystick and hook up the cable to the existing harness. It already has a connector.

Oh well, I don't want to prejudge too much. It's Barry's tractor and I'm sure he can handle this just fine. I'm really excited for him because I remember just how excited I was when I got my tractor. Over four years later, it's still exciting everytime I get on it. I hope Barry feels the same way. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ TC40DA here!
Just tried to call the salesman. He is out on a delivery, so don't know when he will call. I'm going to just read him the notes from here and tell him I want the correct joystick or he can just come and load up the tractor.

This won't sour the tractor for me. I could tell from 5 minutes in the seat that I am going love it.

I really appreciate the advice and help. If not for you guys I would have ended up with less tractor than I paid for.

/ TC40DA here!
Just talked to the salesman - his mistake and it will be changed /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Just laid out the information listed here. He looked at his parts/price book too and said "Yep, we screwed up." They will change it when they mount the backhoe.

Wish I had a better way to show my appreciation than just saying thanks.

/ TC40DA here! #19  
Barry, This is the type of customer service that is missing today. Rather than get into an arguement trying to save the dealership a couple of bucks your salesman does the right thing and just tells you its going to be taken care of.

I'm always amazed at the effort that some companies make to save some money and then spend hundred and thousands of dollars advertising trying to get new customers. It seems to me the best money spent trying to increase the customer base is to take care of your existing customers.

Barry, you've told thousands of potential NewHolland customers with this post that your dealership takes care of the customer. In my opinion this does more than all of the free hotdogs, soft drinks, balloons and other promotion ideas that are offered trying to intice new customers into the dealership.

/ TC40DA here! #20  
Barry I'm happy, as you will be also that you'll end up with the New Holland that you paid for. You'll really appreciate that new joystick that you'll be getting shortly, trust me....

PS Anyone else notice the posting dates are wrong?