TC40DA here!

/ TC40DA here! #21  
<font color="blue"> ( PS Anyone else notice the posting dates are wrong? )
</font>
Even after you mentioned it, I don't see anything wrong with the dates. It IS the 3rd of May, right?

Am I missing something? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ TC40DA here! #22  
I'm afraid that I must disagree with you on this point.
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Barry, This is the type of customer service that is missing today. Rather than get into an arguement trying to save the dealership a couple of bucks your salesman does the right thing and just tells you its going to be taken care of.
)</font>
I hope that I don't ever get service like this! First they sold a tractor which was incorrectly assembled. Next they lied about the mistake and quoted an extra $700 to "upgrade" the machine to the level it was sold as. The dealer only agreed to correct the situation when they were confronted with hard evidence that the buyer had to go find himself, through the good help that we all get at TBN. The dealer fessed up when he was caught but it is my contention that he shouldn't have been in a position to be caught, rather he should have been right in the first place. The deal is already sour from my prospective. Now I don't trust this guy. If he tried to BS me about the joystick what else is he hiding?

/ TC40DA here! #23  
Barry,

I've have a 2001 TC40D that I've had for 4 years (only 12 payments left /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif). This was my first tractor so I don't have much to compare it with, but I absolutely love this machine and I've never had a single serious problem with it. But my deluxe joystick broke because of the steel shaft is way too wimpy. You might be better off with the non-deluxe loader control /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ TC40DA here! #24  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( But my deluxe joystick broke because of the steel shaft is way too wimpy. You might be better off with the non-deluxe loader control )</font>

Steve, New Holland has greatly improved the joystick by using a curved piece of metal instead of the flat barstock you had on your original tractor. I just replaced mine a few months ago and the new design has me convinced it will not break as before. You should invest the $30 and get you one. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ TC40DA here! #25  
Dang, I had to mention that joystick. The shaft just broke again. I think I'll try and talk the dealer into a free one since it's a known design defect and I've already paid to replace it once.

/ TC40DA here! #26  
Barry we got our 40D after NH made a modification to the deluxe joystick so we aren't expecting any problems in that area. However after using the deluxe joystick with the built in rabbit/turtle and now the grapple button that we added to ours I can't imagine getting along without it.

And like Jim said, if and when you do have a problem an updated joystick can be purchased for about 30 bucks. So why settle for the standard stick if you have a choice?

/ TC40DA here! #27  
I poped off the joystick boot on my 40D the other day to check for any problems and to lube the linkage and noticed mine too had the new style joystick also. Glade NH was quick to take care of the issue.