TC55DA

/ TC55DA #2  
Your New Holland should have a bleeder valve where the fuel enters the diesel pump. It is on the pump itself, after the filter, bowl and shut off valve. Loosen the bleeder valve (12 or 13mm), and wait for fuel to flow out of the top of the pump. If you have fuel, tighten the valve. You now know you have fuel at the pump, and can eliminate everything in front of the pump. If no fuel, your problem is in the tank, line, or filter assemblies. If you have fuel at the diesel pump, Loosen the fuel lines heading to the injectors one at a time while cranking the starter. (you may need assistance if your safety equipment is still in place on the tractor, seat switch, clutch switch, brake switch, etc). You should see fuel pumping from the top of the diesel pump from each line, as you loosen them. Make sure to re tighten those lines, and only check one at a time. If you have fuel in front of the pump, but not going to the fuel injectors, you probably have a diesel pump failure. My New Holland is a couple generations older than yours, but the pump is mechanical, not electric, so no fuel equal no pump.
Best of luck.

Here is similar response to fuel issue, it may apply to your issue it describes the process of bleeeding each injector line.

Did you recently replace the fuel filter, if so, you may have gotten air in the supply line to the pump. If this has happened, its required to "bleed" each of the injector lines to remove the air.

/ TC55DA #4  
On the TC's the seat switch and the parking brake switch will not stop the engine from turning over but they will cause the fuel solenoid to shut off... so check both of those first.

The fuel solenoid is on the right side of the tractor on the same side as the ignition switch and down by the oil filter. If you set the parking brake and turn on the key, you should be able to hear it click.

If the fuel solenoid is not working & the engine cranks but will not start, it is most likely related to the seat switch or broken wire in the seat switch circuit or a bad fuel solenoid. It also could be the operator safety module, but I would check that last last after the seat switch wiring or bypass is verified good.

/ TC55DA #5  
I had a similar problem, but I "pumped each of the injector lines, "and everything worked for me! But I am constantly busy at work in the plastic surgery here nose job and I have little time to solve these problems! Thanks to this forum!

Last edited:
   / TC55DA #6  
Check that shut off solenoid..
If it’s clicking, u either have air in the system, a safety switch is not activated or a stuck control rack in the pump..
If it’s the inj pump, I can tackle that for you..just click on my screen name and send me a msg..
Good luck