TD40D SS...Detaching 17LA FEL with tooth bar

/ TD40D SS...Detaching 17LA FEL with tooth bar #11  
<font color=blue>how much "forward scoot" should I allow when I move the loader forward with the hydro's after the primary pins have been pulled when detaching the unit</font color=blue>

Once you master how the loader is removed and installed the scoot factor should be less then an inch or so and only during installation. The only reason the loader should scoot is the FEL arms are not exactly parallel with the frame on the tractor and as it slides into place it might adjust slightly. When installing the loader I use the foot pedals to feather the tractor into position so the FEL drops into place. This took some practice as initially I was scooting all over the place, until I finally learned the secret was using the bucket curl not the lift. I should have read the directions better but instead decided that I could figure it out on my own. /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif/w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

/ TD40D SS...Detaching 17LA FEL with tooth bar #12  
TCOWNER, I don't have a 17LA. I have a 16LA, but I'm sure it is the same. The only difference should be the total length of the 17LA is greater than the 16LA. Tomorrow, I'll take a few photos of the process. Honestly, the hardest things about it are unfolding the stand and the quick-disconnects. As Dave Verbarg said, you need to carefully approach the loader when you are ready to reinstall, but it's much easier to detach/attach the loader than a heavy 3PH implement like a rotary cutter, in my opinion. ...I just can't refuse the opportunity to take more pictures. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ TD40D SS...Detaching 17LA FEL with tooth bar #13  
Jim,

Please give us the photos. Eventually with all the photos and drawings that you post TBN should be able to publish a TC User Manual with Real Answers. Looking forward to the first edition.../w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif Well the copyright stuff may have to be eliminated but everything else is "public domain", right?

/ TD40D SS...Detaching 17LA FEL with tooth bar #14  
Well, TCowner and others, the title of this thread is a little different from my loader, so I am posting the procedure under a new thread called: Detaching/Attaching 16LA Loader.

/ TD40D SS...Detaching 17LA FEL with tooth bar #15  
i was just wondering if any of you guys get your tractors dirty? ....tgello

/ TD40D SS...Detaching 17LA FEL with tooth bar #16  
tgello,

<font color=blue>i was just wondering if any of you guys get your tractors dirty?</font color=blue>

Yup, thats why no one has ever seen mine. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif Mom raised me to believe that it is socially unacceptable to allow others to see us or our possessions in a less then desireable condition. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif

Here's a pic after some cleaning ...

13-137448-DSC03214.JPG

Attachments

• 13-137448-DSC03214.JPG
    13-137448-DSC03214.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 98
   / TD40D SS...Detaching 17LA FEL with tooth bar #17  
Very nice, Dave! ...and did your mom also tell you to show off your supersteer every chance you get? /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ TD40D SS...Detaching 17LA FEL with tooth bar #18  
<font color=blue>and did your mom also tell you to show off your supersteer every chance you get?</font color=blue>

Its not showing off, its a demonstration of just one of many great selling points unique to NH! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ TD40D SS...Detaching 17LA FEL with tooth bar #19  
<font color=blue>show off your supersteer every chance you get?</font color=blue>

/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif I was thinking the same thing, but wasn't going to say it. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

That sure is one sharp looking tractor you've got there! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ TD40D SS...Detaching 17LA FEL with tooth bar #20  
<font color=blue> show off your supersteer every chance you get?</font color=blue>

Ok, on second thought:
- maybe it was a little "showing off" but isn't that we all post pics of our tractors here?

- no, Mom did not tell me to do that. She doesn't know what it is or that it even exists! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif Hmmm, that needs rectification...