TD80D Help Please?

/ TD80D Help Please? #1  

NKWFresh

Tractor
New Holland TD80D
Hello everyone from Papua New Guinea!
We are up in the Rainforest at a place called WAU. With a large smallholder farming community.

I need to add hydraulic oil to the tractor and i have lost the manual somewhere!

I understand that the hydraulic oil is also the transmission oil so I need to be careful. Our supply chain has sent me a pure hydraulic oil and im wondering if i can use it as it may effect the transmission operation.

The oil they have sent me does not say anything about trans on the drum however it meets Denison hf0 standards.

Can i Use it? Dave
1623194114797.jpeg

/ TD80D Help Please? #2  
Dave,
Without knowing what you have it is impossible to say.... Your statement "Our supply chain has sent me a pure hydraulic oil" doesn't tell us enough information.... Need to know the type & the spec of the oil sent to you.... I'm almost sure your TD80D requires a hydraulic oil that meets the New Holland 134D Spec, so as long as it meets or exceeds it... you should be good. Your supplier should be able to confirm this for you....

/ TD80D Help Please?
Thanks for this info. I have contacted United Oil and am waiting on a response. The oil is United Oils VESTA H68 Hydraulic.
It meets Denison HF-0 thru to HF-2. and Cincinnati Machine P-68, P-69 and P-70.
I dont know what all these specs mean.
Ill have a look at the 134D spec and see if I can find an equivalent spec written on the drum!
Dave

/ TD80D Help Please? #4  
Hello everyone from Papua New Guinea!
We are up in the Rainforest at a place called WAU. With a large smallholder farming community.

I need to add hydraulic oil to the tractor and i have lost the manual somewhere!

I understand that the hydraulic oil is also the transmission oil so I need to be careful. Our supply chain has sent me a pure hydraulic oil and im wondering if i can use it as it may effect the transmission operation.

The oil they have sent me does not say anything about trans on the drum however it meets Denison hf0 standards.

Can i Use it? DaveView attachment 701782

NO! You need to use an oil that meets the New Holland spec because it is a transmission/rear axle and a hydraulic oil. It was originally spec'd for Ambra but I believe there is another supplier also. My manuals are in storage. I'd google Messick's and look for their New Holland lubricants. here's a link: Viscosity Oil: Unitraction THF Semi-Synthetic - 5 Gallon, Part # 76910QY1US

Last edited:
   / TD80D Help Please? #5  
Dave, I don't know if this helps... (or confuses things) but here is what their spec sheet states....

Attachments

• united-hydro-vesta-hydraulic-oil-hc.pdf
    564.8 KB · Views: 167
   / TD80D Help Please?
Mate,
Thats great INFO. the oil i have is just H, without the C designation so ill go back on to Uniteds web page and have another look. I suspect they have sent me the incorrect oil.
D