Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,572  
What I'd like to know ... exactly WHICH pasta was Ettore "Hector" Boiardi trying to represent with Spaghetti-O's?

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,573  
There were these dances that my Mother and Dad used to go to. My Mother always had a box of Chef BoyArdee for us. This started when I was 12 and my brother was 8. She had extra pepperoni and cheese to put on it and was pretty darn good.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,574  
I was digging out a long abandoned milkhouse drain, and came across the crumpled tray from one of these. Wonderful memories.
View attachment 787784

LOL ... I remember taking a class freshman year of college - Writing 101 or Persuasive Writing ... something like that. Basically, each week we had a choice of two arbitrary topics that we had to write a 500 word essay for or against the topic. One week the two topics were "Swanson's TV Dinners are the greatest invention of the twentieth century" or " A woman's place is in the home". I was bored, didn't find either topic particularly interesting, & was doing well enough in the class that I figured "what the H..." so I combined them & Titled my piece as "A Woman's place is in the Home cooking ANYTHING but Swanson's TV dinners" The first line went along the lines of "As God created Eve to ease Adam's lot in life, so too did Swanson combine ground beef, gravy, mixed peas and carrots, potatoes and apple cobbler in aluminum containers to ease the hunger pangs of modern Man." The female professor wasn't amused & I think that week was the worst grade she gave me. No one went in support of anti-women's lib (no surprise), & the truly clueless waxed on about the virtues of Salisbury Steak.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,575  
Anyone remember the Chef BoyArdee (sp?) pizza’s in a box. Ah the 70’s.

View attachment 787733
We used to have two of those every Sunday night. My mother would bake it while my father made three batches of pop corn... in the old shaker style over the stove burner.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,576  
Some had hats...

This is how it really is
2023_03_10_17.47.06.jpg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,577  
What's insane about it? Those are the most populous counties in the US.
More people, = more murders.
You'd also get the most donuts, churches, hospitals, and shoe stores in the same counties.

View attachment 787747 View attachment 787748
Not hardly, it is insane that those highly populated areas have so much crime.
All those other counties have lots of donuts, churches, hospitals and maybe shoe stores.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,578  
Not hardly, it is insane that those highly populated areas have so much crime.
All those other counties have lots of donuts, churches, hospitals and maybe shoe stores.
You're not being statistically accurate.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,580  
Before Altoides, I can remember that Quaker Oats had all manner of how one could use the packaging after the delivery use. They must have had a team of designers on this. And this was brilliant, in that the packaging, could also become a learning toy for children. They had plans printed on the box. So a parent would buy more of them cause the kids could use them. I bought a Quaker Oat Cylinder the other day, and a whole flood of all the things we made out of these, in the 60's, as we were kids came in to mind. We made string Walky-talkes out of them. We made little rail road cars, we made crystal radios in them as amplifiers. There was an intent, even if it was commercial, that nothing was wasted. :)