Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,621  
That might be true of most, but even with a 0 cholesterol diet I had 227.
I take special medicine to stop my body from producing and that is working and below 140 for the first time in my life.
Everyone produces some cholesterol, your body needs it for hormone production amongst other things. Seems my body just overdoes it.

The solution is quite expensive, so I'm sure Pharma loves me.

But I have not had a heart attack, and I was damn close to 1 with three blockages, one at 100%.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,622  
That might be true of most, but even with a 0 cholesterol diet I had 227.
I take special medicine to stop my body from producing and that is working and below 140 for the first time in my life.
Everyone produces some cholesterol, your body needs it for hormone production amongst other things. Seems my body just overdoes it.

The solution is quite expensive, so I'm sure Pharma loves me.

But I have not had a heart attack, and I was damn close to 1 with three blockages, one at 100%.
My body doesn't produce enough good cholesterol. And I figure mine is genetics as well.

Didn't matter how good I ate, exercised my butt off, took fish oil supplements, got down to 4% body fat doing a ton of cardio.

Went in for my physical and the numbers were within a couple points from where they were the year before.

That's when we (my doctor and I) figure it's probably genetic.

I still get the cholesterol numbers circled every year with a passive aggressive note scribbled next to it from my doctor saying "Exercise!!!"

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,623  
I found out the hard way that there is more than one important cholesterol number. I was always able to keep it around 150 from diet, but almost had a stroke on my way home with a load of lumber one day. I now have a stent in each of my main carotids, take a pill every day and am trying to eat only lean meat... which is rather difficult when I have two pigs in the freezer.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,625  
Just heard on NPR Science Friday, that the British figured out that ground up bones made for a very good fertilizer due to the amount of phosphorus in bones. So what happened? They dug up old battle fields, extracted and ground up the excavated bones to make fertilizer.

I had read stories that there were entire operations that dug up a huge number of old, common burial cat mummies in Egypt for this reason.

I seriously doubt that they stopped at cats. :)

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,626  
Just heard on NPR Science Friday, that the British figured out that ground up bones made for a very good fertilizer due to the amount of phosphorus in bones. So what happened? They dug up old battle fields, extracted and ground up the excavated bones to make fertilizer.

I had read stories that there were entire operations that dug up a huge number of old, common burial cat mummies in Egypt for this reason.

I seriously doubt that they stopped at cats. :)
There also is speculation that the linen wraps from mummies were used for making paper.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,627  
1679153067691.png

/ Tell us something we don’t know.
#3,628  
The odds of picking the correct NCAA men’s basketball bracket correct is really poor. I‘d post the odds but let’s just say it’s a lot of digits. The best verified bracket was where someone had all the correct games picked until the sweet sixteen. If I read correctly all the brackets are busted this year after the first round of games.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,629  
Most gets this wrong. In 1982, this question was on an SAT test and none of the 5 answer selections shown were correct.
How many revolutions of the small gear wheel does it take to make a full revolution of the larger gear wheel ?

Attachments

• circles.JPG
    circles.JPG
    10.8 KB · Views: 72
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #3,630  
Most gets this wrong. In 1982, this question was on an SAT test and none of the 5 answer selections shown were correct.
How many revolutions of the small gear wheel does it take to make a full revolution of the larger gear wheel ?
Wouldn't you figure the circumference of the large circle and divide that by the circumference of the small circle?

Were all 5 choices not that number?