Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,441  
That must explain why they cut wood in Maine, haul it over to Canada, saw it and bring back as lumber. Solid thinking.
We see the same thing happening our way as well, they cut wood in our area, load it up on a train and bringing it to the US to get process... it's happening both ways... Although I doubt pine as anything to do with it, in our saw mills anything over 36/38 inch is oversize and most pines are bigger then that so they can't facilitate it.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,443  
Here's one I'm sure very few know: In 855 AD, the Roman Catholic church supposedly unknowingly elected a female pope, who was impersonating a man. When she went into labor in 858, it became impossible to hide that she was a female, and the church responded by executing her.

For a few centuries thereafter, part of the coronation ceremony for new popes was to sit on a chair with a hole in the bottom, with his junk hanging through the hole. A bishop would then have the job of giving the new pope a reach-around, to verify he indeed had testicles, confirmed by the utterance of an official phrase, "Duos habet et bene pendentes". Translated to English, "He has two and they dangle nicely".

There is debate and myth surrounding the chair, which is actually much, much older than the reach-around ceremony, with most evidence pointing toward it being an old and ornate toilet chair that was repurposed for this ceremony.

The Roman Catholic church of course denies all of this today, but like with some other things they've more recently tried to deny, there is too much evidence to completely make the story go away.
Thats shocking!

(not :ROFLMAO: )

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,444  
I used to travel the New York State Thruway to visit relative a while back. Pricy toll road with sky high gas prices and outrageous rest stop chain restaurant pricing. I don't remember the amount but they were in your face pricing likely because it was a limited access road.

Guess what? People stopped stopping at those rest areas but got off to buy gas and have something to eat. It took a while but suddenly prices are lower and actually a little on the low side. Go figure.
We travel the Ohio turnpike quite regularly, and the gas prices are usually lower than Indiana cities, and much lower than Pennsylvania's. Food prices were still high, though.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,445  
In 2023 China is no longer the largest importer to the US. MEXICO surpassed them! (y)
IMG_3551.jpeg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,446  
That must explain why they cut wood in Maine, haul it over to Canada, saw it and bring back as lumber. Solid thinking.
Actually, it's because the exchange rate makes it more profitable. Our previous president put in tariffs to try to balance the lumber trade.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,447  
Tariffs are a hidden tax paid by the consumer.

• Good Post
Reactions: JJT
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #7,449  
That's good, but putting tariffs on steel with anyone but China has cost us all.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,450  
"It never rains in California but, boy let me warn ya, it pours"
Storm totals from the pineapple express that just rolled through.

Los Angeles County​

• Cogswell Dam (13.86 inches)
  • Topanga Canyon (13.48 inches)
  • Bel Air (13.04 inches)
  • Sepulveda Canyon at Mulholland Drive (13.02 inches)
  • Woodland Hills (12.62 inches)
  • Stunt Ranch (12.56 inches)
  • West Fork Heliport (12.25 inches)
  • Opids Camp (11.85 inches)
  • San Gabriel Dam (10.94 inches)
  • Porter Ranch (10.64 inches)
  • Santa Anita Dam (10.47 inches)
  • Mt. Baldy (10.26 inches)
  • Monte Nido (9.76 inches)
  • Lechuza Beach (9.73 inches)
  • Agoura Hills (9.40 inches)
  • Beverly Hills (9.35 inches)