Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,082  
On the west central coast of FL...waterfront homes that were built in the 50s and 60s have mostly been bought up...new people buy two or three of those homes and lots (tear down the old homes) and build new mansions on the combined properties...

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,085  
Homes for sale today on Zillow within 2.5 hour drive from me for $3,000,000 minimum price.

282072B3-B426-478B-91F0-083CFB70DFFC.jpeg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,090  
Same here, across the street $6.9m and in the area plenty for $3m + , how do people afford this?
But seriously, I knew a guy in 1979 whose goal was to be a retired millionaire in 10 years. He was about 20 years old. He did it. He got an engineering degree from Purdue, and got a job with Archer-Daniels-Midland.

Our kids have friends that went to Purdue for engineering. All of them had paid internships at least 2 of the summers between classes with companies that offered them jobs before they graduated. All make well into the 6 figures first year out of college.

I was at a trivia contest last weekend and spoke to an old friend that's been retired from banking for three years. He's 58. His wife is retired, too. They are doing well.

Had we not had children... oh boy! We figured our added expenses for children were around $3-400K over 23 years. Had we invested that over 23 years instead, we'd have had a couple million extra sitting around due to compound interest. Once you start adding up 5 years of day care, 13 years of Catholic school, and 4 years of college, EACH. Then all the clothing, books, toys, FOOD (man them kids can eat), SPORTS EQUIPMENT!, SHOES! Travel expenses to get them to schools, sports, events, etc....

It's a good thing we like them! 🤣