Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,001  
I was 2 when Elvis died
Wife and I saw Elvis in concert in Norman Oklahoma, in March or April of 1977, just before his death in August of that year.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,002  
JFK's funeral is one of my first memories. It was on TV and when I asked my mother what was going on she said "A great man has died." Talk about an understatement.
I was 3 1/2 at the time, a few weeks earlier my aunt and uncle had been killed in a car wreck... which is the very first thing I remember.
I would have been in the 8th grade, and in Jr. High. An assembly was announced in the school auditorium and the announcement was made there. I believe school was released early. Then, as now I wasn't very interested in politics and wondered why someone would want to shoot the president.
I do remember all radio and tv stations suspended normal programming until the funeral replaced either by news updates/talk or on the smaller stations, somber music.
I have the same memory, but it was Elvis. :ROFLMAO: We must be nearly 10 years apart.
Elvis was never a big deal to me, I was just a little kid during his (pre-Army) heyday and by the time I became interested in rock & roll he was seen as past his prime (at least by my circle of friends). I liked some of his songs, but not really a fan.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,003  
Elvis was never a big deal to me, I was just a little kid during his (pre-Army) heyday and by the time I became interested in rock & roll he was seen as past his prime (at least by my circle of friends). I liked some of his songs, but not really a fan.
Our local Oldies station used to play Elvis every Saturday night, a program my mom would insist we listen to, if we happened to land in the car at the time. So by age 10, I'd probably heard more Elvis than anyone my age ever should.

I will admit I like Suspicious Minds, and some of his other material from that 1969 comeback era.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,005  
@dodge man , so you turn 60 this year, have you already turned 60?

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,007  
The world's best selling musical instrument is the harmonica. There are over one million sold per year.

And, for harmonica enthusiasts, there is a "Harmonica Hotline" you can call and listen to people play their favorite tune. It's mostly used by the "plain" people meaning Mennonite, Amish and such.

Just call 1-234-900-5096 and pick your selection 1 through 10. Players identify themselves, type of harmonica, key and then play the tune. It's a little shaky because it's over the phone but you get the idea.

#2 is pretty good this week

Last edited:
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #5,008  
The world's best selling musical instrument is the harmonica. There are over one million sold per year.

And, for harmonica enthusiasts, there is a "Harmonica Hotline" you can call and listen to people play their favorite tune. It's mostly used by the "plain" people meaning Mennonite, Amish and such.

Just call 1-234-900-5096 and pick your selection 1 through 10. Players identify themselves, type of harmonica, key and then play the tune. It's a little shaky because it's over the phone but you get the idea.

#2 is pretty good this week
Sales pitch at the beginning but kinda cool phone service for harmonica fans. (y)

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,009  
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #5,010  
In North Korea if you are sent to prison they send 3 generations of your family with you.