Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,162  
WE once had a Model A which my old man would have running with the bonnet up ,him holding on to one of the plug wires, but not touching any other part of the car. he would call me over and get me to touch the car. He would then grab me by the shoulder.
He knew what was coming and get a belt too but for me it was a WTF moment.
My AP Physics teacher in high school used to play pranks on the class with a Wimhurst machine, things like making a human chain with the thing cranking hard, and then the last person to close the loop gets a wallop of a shock. Great teacher, there's probably no subject I ever learned as well, despite a few minor injuries or close calls from his various "experiments".

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,163  
My AP Physics teacher in high school used to play pranks on the class with a Wimhurst machine, things like making a human chain with the thing cranking hard, and then the last person to close the loop gets a wallop of a shock. Great teacher, there's probably no subject I ever learned as well, despite a few minor injuries or close calls from his various "experiments".
We did that too in High school Chem. This one girl was last in the chain at one point and every time she would try to grab the last persons hand she would get the shock and pull away, but kept doing it over and over as she perhaps was not bright enough to realize that once you have grabbed on, there are no more shocks...but if you keep doing it you get shocked each time...

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,164  
I could never figure out why the tires wouldn't explode from all the gas fumes. There were no places to plug in unless you wanted to drape cords from the ceiling because there was very little to plug in anyway.
27776694_1.jpg
27806-2.jpg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,165  
I could never figure out why the tires wouldn't explode from all the gas fumes. There were no places to plug in unless you wanted to drape cords from the ceiling because there was very little to plug in anyway.
View attachment 814668
View attachment 814667
The little air compressor for inflating your vehicle tire actually worked quite well. It did not get any gasoline from the engines cylinder into the tire, In the small metal housing is a piston the engines compression would drive the piston and it would cycle back and forth compressing the air and inflating your tire. It was much faster then the early 12 Volt plugin compressors.

And I also used the cord adapters for light fixtures,
of course I liked the ones with the plug-in the side with the pull cord and bulb socket below the cord plug.

Last edited:
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #5,166  
The little air compressor for inflating your vehicle tire actually worked quite well. It did not get any gasoline from the engines cylinder into the tire, In the small metal housing is a piston the engines compression would drive the piston and it would cycle back and forth compressing the air and inflating your tire. It was much faster then the early 12 Volt plugin compressors.

And I also used the cord adapters for light fixtures,
of course I liked the ones with the plug-in the side with the pull cord and bulb socket below the cord plug.
I installed one of those in my attic when I removed the attic exhaust fan. Had the roof replaced and ridge vents installed.

The exhaust fan was toast anyway.

Had the power wire already there. So it made sense to add an attic light. But also have provisions incase you needed to power something as well.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,168  
This was something I didn't know.

Comedian Tim Allen was arrested in his twenties for attempting to sell about 1.5 pounds of cocaine to an under cover agent. He was facing life in prison, but he made a deal by providing evidence against a bunch of other drug dealers.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,169  
Yes… sorted youth but seems to have turned it around…

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,170  
This was something I didn't know.

Comedian Tim Allen was arrested in his twenties for attempting to sell about 1.5 pounds of cocaine to an under cover agent. He was facing life in prison, but he made a deal by providing evidence against a bunch of other drug dealers.

I read this a few years ago. Merle Haggard was another who spent time in prison before turning his life around. I believe that a visit by Johnny Cash helped him reassess his priorities.