Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,791  
D7F3CC6C-932C-44AC-B011-D3C1B6F8941E.png

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,794  
Yikes!

One would have thought that he would have switched to a Sawstop saw after the first incident.

I have never been comfortable with table saws. Ever. For this exact issue.

All the best,

Peter
I've always been comfortable around table saws. Probably because, as I've mentioned before I'm sure, one of our neighbors had a missing finger tip, and as a little kid, I asked him what happened to it. He showed me how he zipped it off on a saw. I was shocked! 🫣

So I've always kept that in the back of my mind around power saws. Gotta respect them.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,795  
SWAG or FACT?
1703694954373.png

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,796  
Saw a Model A sedan at a car show; noticed it had an compressor under the hood. I asked the owner, he said that he had installed a late motor with a lot more power, and the AC ran great!
There was a pinto engine conversion back in the day that fit without modifications or at least significant mods.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #6,797  
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #6,799  
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #6,800  
I've always found many similarities with the mountains of Austria and the Olympic Northwest...

Similar latitude probably had something to do with it...
So, I assume we all know the reason Great Britain is so much warmer than northern Alberta is because of the gulf stream. Essentially, waters warmed in the Gulf of Mexico, dragged up the east coast of USA and across the pond to heat England and Europe. I believe this is why Rome is also warmer than northern Nebraska, despite similar latitudes.

But is there a similar current in the Pacific, that keeps our own northwest coast warmer than would be expected for its latitude? Seattle is way north of Buffalo, but we all know which is colder.