Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,351  

Did you know instrument strings were made from animals?

The strings of string instruments were originally made from the guts of animals like sheep or lambs. Now, instrument makers have transitioned to metal wiring. But before metal, it was common for all string instruments to be made from the guts of the animals geographically available to the makers

Did you know Disneyland has an underground tunnel system?

There are lots of quirky things that some think are underneath Disney parks, but these literally are! The tunnels were built in response to characters having to run through other lands to get to their posts, which spoiled the magic. Thanks to the tunnels, you won’t see a Tomorrowland spaceman in the Old West–inspired Frontierland.

Did you know your body loses up to 8 percent of water on a flight?

Water is our body’s mechanical oil—without it, it can’t function. You lose about 8 percent of your body water while on a flight. This is because the humidity in the climate-controlled environment can be as low as 10 to 15 percent.

Did you know you can use willow bark for pain relief instead of aspirin?

The secret to pain relief may be in your backyard. For centuries, willow bark has been used as an alternative to aspirin. The active ingredient in the bark, salicyl, turns to salicylic acid and is more gentle on the stomach than over-the-counter aspirin.

Did you know the longest breath held underwater is 24:03 minutes?

That’s the typical amount of time it takes to watch one episode of The Office. But in 2016, professional freediver Aleix Segura Vendrell set this world record in a breathtaking attempt (literally).

Did you know lions are identifiable through their whisker patterns?

Like humans and fingerprints, each lion has a whisker pattern unique to their nose, according to the New York Times. Back in the late ’60s, researchers conducted a whisker hole identification method that involved overlapping photographs of lions’ noses with a standard grid

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,352  
1707081059763.png

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,353  

Did you know instrument strings were made from animals?

The strings of string instruments were originally made from the guts of animals like sheep or lambs. Now, instrument makers have transitioned to metal wiring. But before metal, it was common for all string instruments to be made from the guts of the animals geographically available to the makers

Did you know Disneyland has an underground tunnel system?

There are lots of quirky things that some think are underneath Disney parks, but these literally are! The tunnels were built in response to characters having to run through other lands to get to their posts, which spoiled the magic. Thanks to the tunnels, you won’t see a Tomorrowland spaceman in the Old West–inspired Frontierland.

Did you know your body loses up to 8 percent of water on a flight?

Water is our body’s mechanical oil—without it, it can’t function. You lose about 8 percent of your body water while on a flight. This is because the humidity in the climate-controlled environment can be as low as 10 to 15 percent.

Did you know you can use willow bark for pain relief instead of aspirin?

The secret to pain relief may be in your backyard. For centuries, willow bark has been used as an alternative to aspirin. The active ingredient in the bark, salicyl, turns to salicylic acid and is more gentle on the stomach than over-the-counter aspirin.

Did you know the longest breath held underwater is 24:03 minutes?

That’s the typical amount of time it takes to watch one episode of The Office. But in 2016, professional freediver Aleix Segura Vendrell set this world record in a breathtaking attempt (literally).

Did you know lions are identifiable through their whisker patterns?

Like humans and fingerprints, each lion has a whisker pattern unique to their nose, according to the New York Times. Back in the late ’60s, researchers conducted a whisker hole identification method that involved overlapping photographs of lions’ noses with a standard grid
Actually Disney worlds tunnels are actually at ground level.

Central Florida is predominantly swamp. So the normal practice is to build retention ponds for all the ground water. The material from said ponds is used to raise the rest of the area to get it above flood level.

Disney built their tunnel system on top of the ground. And then all the material from the man made lakes and canals were used to build the area up around them.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,354  
Actually Disney worlds tunnels are actually at ground level.

Central Florida is predominantly swamp. So the normal practice is to build retention ponds for all the ground water. The material from said ponds is used to raise the rest of the area to get it above flood level.

Disney built their tunnel system on top of the ground. And then all the material from the man made lakes and canals were used to build the area up around them.
Did not know that, but makes sense, I didn't know there was tunnels to begin with. Just like most cities have been raise over the years... just like Las Vegas flood tunnels are actually at historical ground level.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,355  
Did not know that, but makes sense, I didn't know there was tunnels to begin with. Just like most cities have been raise over the years... just like Las Vegas flood tunnels are actually at historical ground level.
I knew about the tunnels. My brother worked for Disney during highschool, plus quite a few of our friends worked there as well.

I learned about how the tunnels were built years later. I believe it was a segment on "How did they do that" or "How it was made". One of those shows.

I actually worked for a rental company that rented out the pumps for sucking out ground water around the Orlando area.

So I got to see some of those swamps being turned into housing developments, hospitals, and shopping centers.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,356  
The build in GPS on my truck and every other vehicle that has the same software shows my house smack dab in the middle of an intersection a few thousand feet away from my actual house.
Get your house off my lawn!

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,358  
So cool!
First order the Toyan V8 kit ($1,700+tax & shipping), assemble it & fabricate to a drill.
Probably gets 0.001 miles of hole per gallon!
Great for drilling tight spots, needs a transmission for reverse!
He needs a girlfriend!!!
2024_02_05_12.00.20.jpg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,359  
He needs a dog!

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,360  
So cool!
First order the Toyan V8 kit ($1,700+tax & shipping), assemble it & fabricate to a drill.
Probably gets 0.001 miles of hole per gallon!
Great for drilling tight spots, needs a transmission for reverse!
He needs a girlfriend!!!View attachment 850584
Yes, but if you go the site that sells them there are a multitude of other engines also for sale from single cylinder hit and miss to V12's including some V twins. Very interesting website and it would be easy to spend some money quickly.