Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,251  
I find our net worth statement to not be all that useful. We signed on with some advisors several years back to help manage investments/retirement, and so my wife and kid would have some guidance if I kick the bucket first since I have always handled all of this. They always show us the net worth statement in our meetings and I am always like so what? A good chunk of it is the house value (which is always a guess until you actually sell it, and ours is especially difficult to value given the uniqueness) and since my plan is to drop dead here, that is of no real value to our real world position. Now if you exclude the house, then sure, that is more relevant IMO.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,252  
Your opinion and mine differ. I'd say the motivating parameter is, you cannot afford the price of admission which is usually well north of 15 grand typically, with some hunts exceeding 30 grand.

Not poaching at all. In fact they are all supervised hunts and the meat is always donated to the locals anyway. You really know nothing about it except what you read in some rag paper and 99% of what you read is total BS anyway. I keep my hunts to the United States as a rule because I cannot afford the price of admission. Some of the guys I hunt with can however. You can hunt for local big game anywhere in the world today so long as you can afford the price of admission and that includes Baltic countries as well. Bottom line is you only know what you read about and most of that is severely tainted.

Here in Michigan, we have a large Elk population that is supervised by the MDNR and you can hunt them (Elk is excellent meat btw) but hunting for them is 100% supervised and you can only cull what the MDNR officer tells you, you can and it's by lottery only. Elk was native to here prior to population my humans which drove them out west to less populated areas. PA also has a large Elk population, also supervised by the PA DNR and the same deal applies. I like to hunt and I enjoy eating wild game and I'll leave it at that.
I certainly can afford the price of admission. Just paid my taxes, well into 6 digits not counting anything on the right side of the decimal.
I have travelled extensively.
I've white water rafted on the Zambezi, climbed Mount Kilimanjaro, been to the Ngorongoro Crater on safari. Travelled on the Blue Train in South Africa. Numerous other areas also.
At no time did I feel the desire to shoot a magnificent wild creature legal or otherwise anywhere in the world.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,253  
China would've not been my guess... I would've guess something like Italie or Croatia somewhere under the roman empire.
Yes, it wouldn't have been mine either. I was curious, and wondered if the first bridge was Roman, so I would have guessed somewhere in the Roman Empire.

There are a bunch of unattributed postings of the image, so I did double check with satellite images that the lat/lon were, in fact, correct. You can see all three bridges on the imagery.

All the best,

Peter

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,254  
And as a jigsaw puzzle:

3DA0481E-2A70-4529-9A09-269FE09D716B.png

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,255  
I certainly can afford the price of admission. Just paid my taxes, well into 6 digits not counting anything on the right side of the decimal.
I have travelled extensively.
I've white water rafted on the Zambezi, climbed Mount Kilimanjaro, been to the Ngorongoro Crater on safari. Travelled on the Blue Train in South Africa. Numerous other areas also.
At no time did I feel the desire to shoot a magnificent wild creature legal or otherwise anywhere in the world.
Me either, been to South Africa twice, but Kudu with local berry sauce is nice.
Loved the blue train, but not the bumps at every switch which woke me up.
We almost got taken by a hippo on the Zambezi, in a rubber canoe. That was kinda crazy.
Not much for hunting anything, but grew up in areas where hunting was for food or safety, never sport.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,257  
As does mine on a daily basis. It provides a really nice graph as to how our net worth has grown (and shrank) over the decades. I'm having some problems with it now, because our financial institution put in some new software and is blocking it from querying the accounts.
I enjoy looking over my income history statements that Social Security provides. It takes me back to think of what I was doing or where I was in a given year. 1976 reported income is $33. I worked briefly at a Western Auto store as a teen putting together bicycles & push lawnmowers. 😀

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,258  
I enjoy looking over my income history statements that Social Security provides. It takes me back to think of what I was doing or where I was in a given year. 1976 reported income is $33. I worked briefly at a Western Auto store as a teen putting together bicycles & push lawnmowers. 😀
I think one of the first thing I ever purchased with my own money of significance was a box fan from Western Auto. My parents didn't have air conditioning in the house. 🤣

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,259  
Tell us something we don’t know...

Concrete saw blades can break free while in operation...

If that had been here in Virginia the guy interviewed would have said "Ah went down to the Quick Trip to git me some chaw when ah seen somethin high-tailin it across the lot, figgered it wuz some kid with tha' squirts so ah held the door when all at onest hoo-wee! Ah thought tha tazmaniun devil wuz in there!"

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,260  
If that had been here in Virginia the guy interviewed would have said "Ah went down to the Quick Trip to git me some chaw when ah seen somethin high-tailin it across the lot, figgered it wuz some kid with tha' squirts so ah held the door when all at onest hoo-wee! Ah thought tha tazmaniun devil wuz in there!"
o_O o_O o_O o_O