Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #4,091  
Ladies and Gentlemen just caught up on the reading.. Thanks all for the wishes and prayers.. They let Betty come home yesterday,, She does have to wear the LIFEVEST,, in case she has another cardiac arrest,, gives her a strong shock,, get her heart started again.. We will be going to Houston a lot in the next few weeks till all is back to normal..

For some reason I got a craving for a bowl of chili with beans some cornbread and a ice cold beer.:). Lou

Glad for your wife to be home. Hope she is not in any pain.

Cravings like that are a good thing.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #4,092  
Kyle the only pain she say she has is where they gave her CPR and broke a couple of ribs.. Just time will heal all.. Lou

Last edited:
   / Texas Fall/Winter thread! #4,093  
All these words like "Big and Red and Chili" made me hungry.

Us simple folks are still enjoying leftovers from earlier in the week, so our lunch was:

A Big Red Smokey with mustard, homemade squash relish, left over homemade spaghetti sauce ( very similar to your chili ), and finished off with kraut.
Leftover homemade Macaroni salad, raw veggies with a little low cal cream cheese, and a big glass of deep, cold, well water.
Now I gotta go work it off to make room for a simple supper of homemade pizza. :D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #4,094  
Ladies and Gentlemen just caught up on the reading.. Thanks all for the wishes and prayers.. They let Betty come home yesterday,, She does have to wear the LIFEVEST,, in case she has another cardiac arrest,, gives her a strong shock,, get her heart started again.. We will be going to Houston a lot in the next few weeks till all is back to normal..

For some reason I got a craving for a bowl of chili with beans some cornbread and a ice cold beer.:). Lou

FABULOUS NEWS!!!! I am so glad to hear that Betty is home and doing so much better! Thanks for the update! :cool2:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #4,095  
pacerron; Here I have been trying to get back on a "normal" diet, after earlier this week, and you go posting something like that?!?! You're making me hungry! :licking:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #4,096  
Lou, I'm so glad that Betty is home now so that you'll have some adult supervision.:laughing:

God bless her and her continued recovery. Let's hope the vest is not needed.

Ron: I'll swap you a cup of my chili and beans for a bite of that Big Red Smokey sammich.:thumbsup:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #4,097  
That one would be my 8 year old and she eats just about anything, not picky at all. My wife and I have to curtail her eating nowadays.

Here is my 6 year old.
View attachment 352211

She is getting an award from the school board for her Christmas card drawing. They had all the elementary kids draw cards and her's is the one picked by the school board to be used by the elementary for its official Christmas card this year. She has a bit of autism, and learns differently, but she loves to draw and being in kindergarten, they have plenty of art projects which helps keeps her happy. I told my wife that it took me until I was 14 to get any award in front of the school body and she's done it before 1st grade. I'm very proud of her if you can't tell. I know the good Lord gave her to us to help us understand how special, special kids like her can give us the smallest but most grand rewards in life.

That is awesome Kyle. I know Y'all are all proud of here.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #4,098  
Lou,
I agree with Jim. Glad you got her home. Guess Y'all can watch each other now.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #4,099  
Lou ... Good to hear !!! Gotta go warm up some chili (with beans)!!!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #4,100  
Ron: I'll swap you a cup of my chili and beans for a bite of that Big Red Smokey sammich.:thumbsup:

Jim,
I think I'd be getting the sweet end of the deal there. Your Chili looks and sounds delicious.:licking:

To keep things "Fair and Balanced" as FOX, I think I should offer you some of the homemade Pizza we just had
for supper.

The ready to bake crust does come from the in store bakery at the grocery we frequent. We buy them on sale and freeze them.

My wife doesn't like green Olives so that is the reason for two plates of toppings. The browned meat is Sausage.

Baking it on the stone really makes a difference in our opinion.

We bake it for 25 minutes then add the cheese and bake 3 more minutes.

The two of us split about 2/3 of the pie for supper and split the other 1/3 for lunch later in the week.

It certainly could not be considered real Italian or Sicilian pizza but this is the way we like it.:D