Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #441  
It all ended here before 3 p.m. and the sun came out briefly. I figure I got ahout 1.02", but the NWS still shows 100% chance of rain tonight so I'm hoping.;)

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #442  
WOW!! I'm at just over 1/2" so far, soooo jealous:laughing:

Seems I'm on the "line" where there may be some snow by Tuesday night, that would be nice if it doesn't accumulate.

We got another 3/8 inch of rain this afternoon. With a 50% chance for rain tonight. I'm zeroing in on the dam leak around 10 inches below overflow. Would have been out there in the rain, but was diagnosed with a nasal infection this afternoon.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #443  
Another 1/4 inch tonight. Houston had a lot of rain today and some tornadoes.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
Well, shoot... Went out and checked my "newer" rain gauge and it has a crack in it! No wonder i always seem to get 6/10ths the last 2 rain events..:(

Wow! hadn't heard about tornadoes in Houston area. I have been checking for here and we most likely will only get some small hail according to the advisory.

Stay safe down South!!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #445  
Weather man called for rain in McAllen yesterday. No rain. It stayed just east of us. Went up the coast and into Huston. Do not need the kind of rain they got. But a few sprinkles would help here.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #446  
Big rainfall yesterday 2+ inches. The stock tanks are getting full. Rained all night and we've had some pea hail this morning.

Charlie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #447  
We're at about 2" with the overnight rainfall. It's been slow and steady with a few heavy downpours that included a little sleet from time-to-time. Nobody likes tornadoes or flash floods like in Houston, but overall, this is turning into a very good event for the state. The counties just west of me got some really big rainfall totals. I'm sure the folks in Weatherford and Jacksboro are smiling this morning.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #449  
I have planted 16 fruit trees in the last 2 weeks. I love the rain we are getting. I work in the Med Center in Houston and Brays Bayou was about 3 feet from the top and that's after all the work the have done to widen it. I wasn't sure I was going to get out of there yesterday. Glad it let off a bit and let the water go down.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #450  
I'm just under 2 inches since it started Sunday night with more predicted for this evening!!!

Eddie