Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#4,932  
Lou, they are going into a Spring? hmm skinny dipping, or Hot Springs:D Sorry, tried caffeine free Sanka today:laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #4,933  
I was in Colorado one time but I didn't see no spring.:confused3:. maybe it was in the fall and it was well water.:laughing:. that why you should always water your on lawn.:cool:. by that way your grass will always be greener.:laughing:. Lou

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #4,934  
I drop in to this thread after a day away, and cannot tell if I have been taking hallucinogenics, or need to.:D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #4,935  
Did I just see a two legged horse run by?

Lou, thought of you today as I ran two freshly cut dead post oak trees trough the electric splitter in about the same time it would take me to change an implement. Split every log this time.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #4,936  
Don,, I split some live oak the other day that was well cured,, about two years down,, it had to work but it got it done.. well worth the money.. Live Oak is the tree of choice for most along the gulf coast.. for fire wood or bbq wood..:) Lou

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #4,938  
I will take either Don.. we don't have a lot of post oak along the coast.. but do have a lot of live oak.. so it's live oak here.. but if I had my choice I would use hickory little of the green side and the center dark wood for bbq.. outside lite for firewood,, but I was raised eaten all meats smoked with hickory.. kind of like grandma apple pie.. no one made one better.:laughing:. Lou

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #4,939  
Couldn't help it

image.jpg

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #4,940  
Wow! Charlie, I'm GREEN with envy. My new rain gage said .47" of precip after I let the ice melt for a total reading. We really got a lot of ice yesterday and schools are closed today. Everything is white and not melting off at all. A good slow melt will ensure that all the moisture goes into the ground. We need every drop to soak in and do deep watering to roots.

It's up to 28 F here, so nothing is melting off yet. If we don't get some melt, they will not run school buses tomorrow either. The kids have missed over a week of school so far this year. They may have to extend the school year by a week if it keeps going this way.

I did enjoy the Super Bowl yesterday. I think Budweiser is the benchmark for classy commercials that bring a tear to your eyes while make you proud. Then, Doritos was the belly-laugh leader. The time-machine commercial almost made my wife and me fall off the couch laughing. Top notch stuff.:thumbsup:

Jim-- We're right proud of the rain we got. Went up yesterday morning to cut a down tree off the fence and almost couldn't get up in the pasture with the "Super-gooey East Texas mud.

Had an ole Navy buddy coming from Colorado to visit on Sunday. He called about 0600 from between Vernon and Witchata Falls and it was slow going thru all the snow. He thought he was still in Co. Thank goodness he didn't bring all of that with him.

Hope ya'll get thawed out this morning.

Charlie