Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#5,791  
Bird, windsare supposed to die down to around 15mph around noon or soon after.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,792  
Anybody south of me who comes across anything of value that you don't think is yours ... Well it "BLEW" in from my place !!!

Gosh darn that wind is strong .. First thing I did was have a look outside to see if the barn was now located next to the house!!!

I'll need an anchor in Cher if she decides to go outside today !!!

BR- The winds are really kicking up here, and we'll keep and eye out for your stuff. I have to go to Tyler later this morning, so it should be down hill all the way.

Charlie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,793  
88* for the high yesterday, 76* at bedtime, and 41 this morning. I should have been streaking and doing the rain dance yesterday!!!!

That wind kicked up at bedtime, but after a couple of long, hard and stressful days, I managed to sleep in spite of it! I hope to finish my hoeing in the garden, this coming weekend, and get busy planting the following weekend, weather permitting. I still need RAIN!!!!

#5,794  
BR, depends on what you let blow down here, whether I'll tell ya I found it!:D Sweaty old hat, I'll mail ya back:laughing:

FG, The wind is awefull, but you've probably been out in it by now. I hope to most of the garden in over the weekend, or at least a good %, time to go back to work:thumbsup:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,795  
Ron,
Two parts water to one part sugar.:scratchchin: The math I was taught:teacher: says that is a 2 to 1 mixture.:yes: Or:confused3: is this just a time where you hit:bullseye: the 3 key, instead of the :point:2 key?
hugs, Brandi:us-texas::cowgirl:

Ron, I'm afraid this time you're mistaken and Brandi was right. I hope you don't use your formula to mix gasoline and oil for 2 cycle engines.:laughing: A 3 to 1 ratio means 3 of one thing and 1 of the other.

However, I can see your point about the sugar dissolving, so it does not displace as much volume as it did before mixing, so you have less than 1.5 cups of the final mixture.

Bird,
I am surprised at your reply.
If you read again what I said you will see it concerned the volume of the mix components. That has nothing to do with it being a 2:1 ratio, which is so fundamental it is irrelevant.
What is relevant, and the reason I described it that way, concerns the way sugar dissolves.
People familiar with cooking and dissolving sugars, flower, and other ingredients, use the "add liquid to make" rule. Many make hummer syrup the same way. The measured volume of sugar has enough water added/mixed to make it a thick liquid, then it is topped off with water to a final volume and stirred a little more.
Topping off 4 oz. of sugar with water to make 1.5 cups total is not the same strength as my description.

Whether Brandi felt compelled to chime in to be cute or insulting is only known by her. Nowhere did I refute that the individual ingredients were a 2:1 ratio.
As far as your oil and gas comparison, if you add one gallon of oil to 2 gallons of gasoline you still have a mix that started out as 1/3 (33.3%) oil and 2/3 (66.6) gasoline and is a simple ratio of 2:1

Rain started here during the night and expect 1-2 inches of snow and a low of 9 degrees tonight, so you guys are doing pretty well, weatherwise IMO:)

#5,798  
Not very far; just around Ardmore and Lake Murray.

Bird, I don't know where you can find the time to go "gallivanting around" :confused3: When you haven't even showed up to mow and edge my yard? let alone bag leaves!!! Probably have your whole street done by now:D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,799  
Just a few more miles up the road to your cousin's fried pie place, Bird. :licking:

Yeah, but staying inside so much in this cold weather has put a few pounds on me, so I resisted that urge today. Of course we did stop at Louie's Catfish Corner for a big lunch.:laughing: