Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,801  
Bird, is Puddin' s Catfish and barbecue in Ardmore or up in Pauls's Valley? I ordered bbq ribs there one time and thought I'd bust before I ate them all. I remember they had a full-sized statue of Elvis just inside the door there.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,802  
Special order a 12 bale unit on edge to be put on a forklift ..

Attachments

• image-345113812.jpg
    image-345113812.jpg
    503.5 KB · Views: 70
  • image-4184515245.jpg
    image-4184515245.jpg
    520.3 KB · Views: 63
  • image-3477303993.jpg
    image-3477303993.jpg
    612.2 KB · Views: 60
  • image-4290320421.jpg
    image-4290320421.jpg
    627.1 KB · Views: 59
   / Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,803  
Bird, is Puddin' s Catfish and barbecue in Ardmore or up in Pauls's Valley? I ordered bbq ribs there one time and thought I'd bust before I ate them all. I remember they had a full-sized statue of Elvis just inside the door there.

Oops! I think that restaurant is Punkins' instead of Puddin's.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,805  
Nice, Blueriver!!

Thanks .. I get a real kick when a customer ask "can you ..???"

I like the self satisfaction that "i can" and I do ... It's more fun than work ... I've got plans .. My plasma table should be here next week .. Then after all the knocking my head against it and I get it fiqured out ... I'll introduce new user friendly tractor attachments !!!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,806  
Thanks .. I get a real kick when a customer ask "can you ..???"

I like the self satisfaction that "i can" and I do ... It's more fun than work ... I've got plans .. My plasma table should be here next week .. Then after all the knocking my head against it and I get it fiqured out ... I'll introduce new user friendly tractor attachments !!!

Oooooh! I can't wait to see those!

I hear you on knowing you can, being half the fun!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,807  
Bird,
I am surprised at your reply.
If you read again what I said you will see it concerned the volume of the mix components. That has nothing to do with it being a 2:1 ratio, which is so fundamental it is irrelevant.
What is relevant, and the reason I described it that way, concerns the way sugar dissolves.
People familiar with cooking and dissolving sugars, flower, and other ingredients, use the "add liquid to make" rule. Many make hummer syrup the same way. The measured volume of sugar has enough water added/mixed to make it a thick liquid, then it is topped off with water to a final volume and stirred a little more.
Topping off 4 oz. of sugar with water to make 1.5 cups total is not the same strength as my description.

Whether Brandi felt compelled to chime in to be cute or insulting is only known by her. Nowhere did I refute that the individual ingredients were a 2:1 ratio.
As far as your oil and gas comparison, if you add one gallon of oil to 2 gallons of gasoline you still have a mix that started out as 1/3 (33.3%) oil and 2/3 (66.6) gasoline and is a simple ratio of 2:1

Rain started here during the night and expect 1-2 inches of snow and a low of 9 degrees tonight, so you guys are doing pretty well, weatherwise IMO:)

Ron,
I did not post to be insulting. You would know if I meant to be insulting, as I have a very sharp tongue that stays put 99% of the time. Yes, sugar will dissolve and the volume after mixing would be less than 1.5 cups. Your post was misleading at a glance from a technical standpoint. However, in the kitchen (where I don't spend much time) and in Europe, your post would not mislead at a glance.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#5,808  
Day didn't turn out to bad after all, warmer than I thought it would be. Wind was a "B", but not bad now.

BR, what kind of "table"? are you running a CAD program?

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,809  
Oops! I think that restaurant is Punkins' instead of Puddin's.

That's one I'm not familiar with. I found it on the Internet and it's in Paul's Valley. And it's been many, many years since I even passed through Paul's Valley.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,810  
Special order a 12 bale unit on edge to be put on a forklift ..

BR,
I love fabricating right behind pond building. Building one-off equipment or installations with you hands is all therapy for me. As long as I am are not rushed.

I see the cylinder mounts. How is the forklift going to power the cylinder? Is it equipped with remotes, or will that have to be installed and plumbed?

Awesome work. I am envious of you getting a plasma table. Who is currently cutting out your duplicated parts , like the hooks on the forklift bale accumlator?
hugs, Brandi