Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,301  
Is there a spring summer thread for Texas? Spring is pretty amazing, seeing all those blue bonnets spreading out.

It's a secret.....

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,302  
So would they keep the time like it was (during the fall/winter), or keep it like it is in the summer?

I like it like it is in the winter, with the sun coming up earlier. That would make our sunsets range from around 5:30 - 8:00pm.

I really don't care .. just pick one .. and stick with it.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,304  
I'm glad to see that the Texas Legislature will, once again, consider abolishing Daylight Savings Time. I do hope they actually get it done this time. The entire country needs to do so.
DST is the only known way of getting people out of bed an hour earlier. In the 19th century, not starting work until 8:00 made sense. You had to start a fire in the kitchen stove to make breakfast and heat water to shave and wash. It took a while. With our modern conveniences, not starting work until 8:00 is nonsense. DST leaves you with an extra hour of productive outdoor time every day, so that should be the time year around. Not getting off work until 5:00 is nonsense.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,305  
I'm glad to see that the Texas Legislature will, once again, consider abolishing Daylight Savings Time. I do hope they actually get it done this time. The entire country needs to do so.
Haven't they considered it for the last 20 years. We need action.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,307  
I like the extra daylight in the evenings. After all those years working graveyard, I can sleep in and get up at noon and still have 8 hours of daylight.
hugs, Brandi