Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,372  
The weather people down here said we're getting a break. It's only supposed to be 99 with a heat index of 104. While that is a modest break from the Summer, it doesn't feel like Fall down here.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,373  
Yep, Brandi, sure glad to see that old hot summer over. Of course this morning the low is 68° calm and going for 98° with a 5 mph west breeze.:(:( The last weather forecast I saw indicated we might get some relief next week.
Breeze? You got a breeze?
Yep, it's that time of the year you eagerly watch the weather forecast for cold fronts.
Last two days picked up 4 loads of logs. Loading is all out in the sun and it wore me out. At least I can unload in the shade.
hugs, Brandi

Last edited:
   / Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,375  
The weather people down here said we're getting a break. It's only supposed to be 99 with a heat index of 104. While that is a modest break from the Summer, it doesn't feel like Fall down here.
Hahaha. Feeling like fall, you have to wait until November here.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,376  
Can I butt in here.......

It's been over 90 for the past couple weeks......So.........This old man gets up at 0500 hrs......and works till around 1100 hrs in the cool of morning.....or until he wears out....which ever comes first. :unsure: That works for me.

Cheers Texas,
Mike

P.S........it's about 65 deg right now............NICE!....worked most of the day.........

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,377  
God gave Texas the heat to keep the Yankees out.:sneaky:
hugs, Brandi
I managed for several years in West Texas, Seminole and Fort Stockton.
I would go back except for family.
Worked all over West Texas and Oklahoma and New Mexico.

Did one little project in East Texas outside of Longview, no way would I live in that area.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,378  

Did one little project in East Texas outside of Longview, no way would I live in that area.
Right back at you. Couldn't pay me enough to stay anywhere in NY for more than a few days.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,379  
New York State is fine, NYC, Albany area, Rochester and Buffalo ruin the State for everyone else.
thumb_c04507147c8d2a13_1497217682000.jpg

Last edited:
   / Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,380  

So sorry to hear your family doesn't live in the Great Republic of Texas. Seems to me the Dallas area is always hotter than around here. So I understand. I love West Texas but family is here.
hugs, Brandi