Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #21  
I think the winds gusted more than the 30mph they where talking about.

I'm sure there were some gusts here that were between 45 and 50. My trees were whipping around and I expected to see branches down, but the gusts seemed to hit and subside pretty quickly. When they hit, it was like a slap in the face; no slow or gradual build-up. One second it was quiet and the next it went WOOSH! Very strange. . . . My temp gage said 36.5 degrees here this morning. I think it may be time to go pick all my green tomatoes.:(

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #22  
I'm sure there were some gusts here that were between 45 and 50.

We knew it was windy. The NWS shows Denton's highest gust at 47 so I'm sure you're right.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
I almost forgot another "event" that happened last night, until I went out to feed the dogs!:laughing:

Heard the dogs barking around 1am, I look outside and they had a big skunk cornered in the yard, yep you guessed it, sprayed them both:laughing: They looked embarrassed when I went out today. I did shoot the skunk and was surprised how big he was. Coffee can for reference.
1103111624.jpg

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #24  
No Ron, between the pool, the a/c shack-in-the-back, and the 90 days of over 100 degrees (some 112). our highest summer electric bill was $160.:D

This morning 49 degrees!
Won't be long and you will have to collect some wood for the stove. One thing about the drought is the wood will be dry. :thumbsup:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #25  
38* this morning but the wind has died down. Looks like it's going to be a nice day. A/C and heat have been off now for several days.....I love that.

Charlie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #26  
26.6 here NW of Dallas, and it may drop another degree just before the sun peeks up. Brrr!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #27  
38* this morning but the wind has died down. Looks like it's going to be a nice day. A/C and heat have been off now for several days.....I love that.

Charlie

My wife would either leave or run me off if I turned the heat off.:laughing: NWS shows Denton at 28 degrees and I just went out back with my infrared thermometer and got 26 to 33 degrees depending on what I aimed it at. But the forecast is for 63 today.

I got in at 2am this morning and it was 31*, I'm sure it got colder towards daybreak as Jim suggested. At least at work the wind was basically non-existent or I'd have been a popsicle.

Well, it's the opener for general hunting season, only 39* at the house this morning. Coffee seems extra good too, like I posted in the "good Morning" thread, I'll probably get in my blind and fall asleep:D

Had a nice buck chasing the does around the back yard last evening where I have been hand throwing corn, he wouldn't get closer than 50 yards to the house and it almost seemed the does knew it. You could tell it was driving him nuts!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #30  
Western said:
Well figured I'd start one to cover the up coming cool down:D Especially since every one on TBN, except maybe 3, are Texans:laughing: If your one of those "3", please post all ya want:thumbsup:

I did hear on the news that Cities in North Dallas have gone to stage 3 water restrictions, that's water the yard 2 times a month! They're saying probably going to stage 4 by Spring!!:(

I guess the close to 7" over the last month has done little to build up our reserves.

As usual, deer season will likely be warm, after a cool front blows through Wednesday, warm weekend then rain Monday and Tuesday. We'll see.

The new water restrictions are due to the zebra muscles in lake reconsider. We cannot use that water now.