Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,051  
I was sitting on a wood floor, on a cushion, watching Captain Kangaroo and Mr. Greenjeans on our black and white TV.
hugs, Brandi

How could you be setting on the floor in 61,:confused:, When you wasn't born till 83.:cool:. Something don't sound right.:anyone::).Lou

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,052  
:laughing:Let's see . . . that day I would have just been getting home from work, since I got off at midnight. No receipts though because I couldn't afford to buy anything.:laughing:

That must have been along commute Bird.. :D.. Lou

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,053  
:laughing:Let's see . . . that day I would have just been getting home from work, since I got off at midnight. No receipts though because I couldn't afford to buy anything.:laughing:

Honestly, I was not born before that date! :D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,055  
How could you be setting on the floor in 61,:confused:, When you wasn't born till 83.:cool:. Something don't sound right.:anyone::).Lou

I was sittin' on the floor in '61, and I'll testify in a court of law that I didn't see her anywhere. Dancing Bear, Bunny Rabbit, and Mr. Moose will back up my story.:D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#2,056  
That must have been along commute Bird.. :D.. Lou

Yeah BIRD, and you would have had a fuel receipt for a drive that long!!

Hero pilots that truly deserve the "Superman T" Would be combat pilots, especially the WW11 bomber crews. Commercial pilots now a days, aren't much more than a city bus driver with a better check!!??:shocked::laughing: That is if the planes are too easy to fly these day's as y'all have said

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,057  
Commercial pilots now a days, aren't much more than a city bus driver with a better check!!??:shocked::laughing: That is if the planes are too easy to fly these day's as y'all have said

Pilots are not rated on how well they fly a working plane, but what they do when things quit working, like Capt. Sully.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,059  
Brandi, corporate jet pilots are more often in the possession of a plunger in their hand that a red "S" on their chest. If they are lucky enough to work in a flight department that has a mechanic, they are held in slightly higher esteem. These guys are the ones that have to kiss backsides on the execs in the cabin and make sure the bar is well stocked before the flight. When they take a job as an instructor-pilot, they exchange their red cape for a chance to go home every night. Most of them never had a red cape or even know what one looks like anyhow. They are so used to being everything from maid to magician that it is sometimes hard for them to realize they don't have to do everything when they walk into the door of the training center. It would be hard for anybody to do that. However, once you establish that you are on their side and a partner they can rely on, things get easier. Unfortunately, when they are selected to be a Subject Matter Expert (SME), they have never had any training in their roles. Nobody teaches them anything about writing, proofreading, or how to do editing marks. Graphics terminology is also foreign to them, but they don't want to admit that they don't know these things. We have to explain that nobody expects SME to stand for Smartest Man on Earth. Once their roles are defined and they know you won't embarrass them, they treat you as a member of their team.
Jim,
Hehehe. I was only stirring the pot with Dennis and you. There is a huge mystic difference from corporate pilots and Airline Captains. Both groups have good and bad folks. When workers interface for the first time, usually there is a personality learning curve that usually ends in respect. New employees are held in circumspect, until you get to know them. I usually start conversations with them by saying........welcome to SWA..........where have worked before. Their answers let me know if we have common backgrounds or way difference backgrounds and how to proceed.
Dealing with any pilot, especially about flight instrucments or avionics issues, you have to know the multiple names for the various systems and parts within the pilot's world that over time, the nomenclature has changed as new systems have came out. So, lots of times, experienced mechanics ask the pilot.............so what exactly are you calling FCU? This is more widespread today with a digital cockpit compared to analog cockpits back in the day. There is an old joke about Cessna and Beechcraft labeling electrical component symbols on schematics with the answer being....................what day is it.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,060  

Well, I guess they were reruns.:laughing:;):laughing:
hugs, Brandi