Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,431  
Texas is actually on my short list of places to ultimately retire, assuming I live long enough. The only thing missing is adequate rainfall and I have read this thread for a very long time in hopes someone would say if there is some area of Texas where there is adequate rainfall. No dice, and I've got to have rainfall. Hot is OK. I mean, I spent time in Louisiana and it rained every day. Spent time in Oklahoma and it never rained. Surely there is somewhere in Texas where it rains? :)
Houston! HS.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,432  
Texas is actually on my short list of places to ultimately retire, assuming I live long enough. The only thing missing is adequate rainfall and I have read this thread for a very long time in hopes someone would say if there is some area of Texas where there is adequate rainfall. No dice, and I've got to have rainfall. Hot is OK.

I mean, I spent time in Louisiana and it rained every day. Spent time in Oklahoma and it never rained. Surely there is somewhere in Texas where it rains? :)

I think the part of Texas I would invade :laughing: is E. Texas, but far enough north and west to evade the coastal humidity. Maybe that is wishful thinking. I've never spent much time in Texas. Visited the cousin in Goldthwaite, and in Austin many years ago. Traveled across S. Texas as kid on vacation, and attended a business thing in San Antonio about 12 years ago.

Edit: Add "The Last Picture Show" to your movie list. I think that is set in W. Texas.

Last edited:
   / Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,433  
Jim,
My kids and Grand daughter were at my ex MIL's house. She invited me up to their lake house for Turkey dinner. I jumped at the chance, as I wanted to see my Pumpkin Doodle. In the first photo, from the first of the week, she still had a slight fever and congestion. But she is all smiles.

Yesterday produced the last two photos while she was playing. Still all smiles.

hugs, Brandi

Brandi, your "Pumpkin Doodle" sure has a sweet little smile and a chubby little face with a mop of hair.:) She looks to be 15-17 lb, maybe more. My grandson is a little over 17 lb and sitting up by himself. He's already trying to crawl, just hasn't got all his limbs working together yet.:D Of course, I can't let you get ahead of me in the picture count, so I'll just have to post three pictures of my own of my great-grandson, Noah.;) BTW: That's my granddaughter in the 2nd photo. I wish we had her mother in the photo so we'd have 4 generations. Oh well, maybe when my hair grows back they'll pose with me again.:)

Gobble-1.jpg

Gobble-2.jpg

Gobble-3.jpg

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,434  
Nothing better than grandkids, Jim, spoil them and send them home.. and great grandkids is even better,, :D Lou

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,435  
   / Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,436  
Ron, that wasp nest just brings one thing to mind. Theres an old saying my Mom used on me to teach me how NOT to make plurals of some words. "Waspes build nestes, out westes, on postes as big as my fistes." That nest is definitely bigger than my "fistes," maybe even two times as big. Must be some of those imported "waspes" from west Texas.:laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,437  
I feel for you, Foreman. You need a Segway to get around that place. . . well, at my age, you do. Your son would love this one decorated up for Duck Dynasty. It's only $8.5k. Get your letter to Santa early.;)

Yeah that would be a good ride to have there,8.5.:shocked:. I worked cows that morning and got straight into wifes truck to go(on way there wife naggin she smelled cow poop,in her new truck),wasn't until about 3hrs of walking,I was regreting the steeltoe work boots I always wear,should have dug the NIKE's out:laughing:

Bird I'm 34 but do remember it called first monday,we had family in greenville and sulpher springs,so always went as a youngin.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,438  
Here is the view from my front porch, this morning. Makes the coffee taste even better! And I might actually be learning a thing or two about my camera!

Thanks for the awesome photo FG! I took the liberty to save it to show others what they are missing in Texas!!!
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,439  
Brandi, your "Pumpkin Doodle" sure has a sweet little smile and a chubby little face with a mop of hair.:) She looks to be 15-17 lb, maybe more. My grandson is a little over 17 lb and sitting up by himself. He's already trying to crawl, just hasn't got all his limbs working together yet.:D Of course, I can't let you get ahead of me in the picture count, so I'll just have to post three pictures of my own of my great-grandson, Noah.;) BTW: That's my granddaughter in the 2nd photo. I wish we had her mother in the photo so we'd have 4 generations. Oh well, maybe when my hair grows back they'll pose with me again.:)
Jim,
He is a cutie papootie. I love the Gobble Gobble Gobble shirt he has on. Your Grand daughter looks happy too! Don't worry about the photo count. I have ton's of them.
When you hair grows back, you need to wear your funny hat again in that photo of 4 gen.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,440  
Yeah that would be a good ride to have there,8.5.:shocked:. I worked cows that morning and got straight into wifes truck to go(on way there wife naggin she smelled cow poop,in her new truck),wasn't until about 3hrs of walking,I was regreting the steeltoe work boots I always wear,should have dug the NIKE's out:laughing:

Bird I'm 34 but do remember it called first monday,we had family in greenville and sulpher springs,so always went as a youngin.

Steel toed work boots walking around Canton. Ouch. My cousin lived in Gun Barrel City and had a booth there and he always called it First Monday.
hugs, Brandi