Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,492  
Our forecast low on Friday night is 13 F. Brrr! That's at the Bowie airport. My temperature is often lower than there by several degrees. This could be the earliest single-digit temps in many years. :eek: As long as we keep power, we should be okay, but I'm not looking forward to starting generators in the middle of the night due to some power loss. Actually, the freezing rain should be over by then, so maybe it won't be so bad. I have to prepare for the worst though. Tomorrow and tomorrow night look like the bullet we have to dodge.

Jim,
Sounds like it is time to drag out some used WalMart plastic bags and some pieces of used baling twine.

Up here we put one over any exposed outside door knobs on barn personnel doors, fuel tank valves, gate locks., etc.
Tied with a bow tie with an 8" piece of twine and the door knobs, latches, etc. think it's summer time.
Ron

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#3,493  
Ron, Welcome to Texas!! One shower ought to wash off Michigan and make you a Texan!!:laughing:

Looks like we will have some seriously dangerous cold, starting in the Morning. Like Jim said, 19* forcasted for Friday, but that is usually high by our actual temps here.

Sad thing is, My daughter passed her nursing school exams:cool2::drink:, took the tests yesterday, so she is stoked as are we, but graduation is set for Friday night:shocked: Not looking good for the celebratory events:( She is one of only only 13 students that survived the class, out of 37?? Anyway, I'm as proud as can be. She will continue her goal of Nurse Practitioner, or anesthetist.

OH, which one of you want to work for me Monday night:laughing: 21* forcasted and we will be working outside:mur:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,495  
Dennis,
They're predicting freezing rain all the way down to I-20(which is south of us) for tonight and possibly all the way thru Saturday. Sleet & Ice will make the roads a mess but all the trees will be worse. We have a lot of standing dead standing trees that will make a big mess and raise havoc with the power lines. Then there's just the normal down limb problems when there is ice. We've been lucky and dodged the bulllet a lot lately, but this could be a rough one.

So it's stock the cupboard and the bar time, and bring in the firewood. I've got to find my "Hot-Spiced Wine" recipe. We'll just batten down the hatches and Thank God we're not in the Metro-Plex with all those crazies.

Charlie

Yes, you do! And you need to share it too!

I'll be stocking the liquor cabinet tomorrow, on my way in from work. Might get a 3 day weekend, but would rather have it when there is better weather to enjoy it. If we get what they are calling for, I won't do much more than drink, keep a hole in the ice for horses to get to water, drink, feed critters, keep wood on the fire, and drink. Might play at my new winter hobby some too, just to keep from going stir crazy. :cool2:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,498  
Texas Grapple Shootout
Coming soon in the "Attachments" thread.
3 TBN members, 2 tractors 2 grapples
Beautiful Texas weather.
Preview photo below:

Attachments

• grappleshootout 1.jpg
    grappleshootout 1.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 92
   / Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,499  
Ron, Welcome to Texas!! One shower ought to wash off Michigan and make you a Texan!!:laughing:

Looks like we will have some seriously dangerous cold, starting in the Morning. Like Jim said, 19* forcasted for Friday, but that is usually high by our actual temps here.

Sad thing is, My daughter passed her nursing school exams:cool2::drink:, took the tests yesterday, so she is stoked as are we, but graduation is set for Friday night:shocked: Not looking good for the celebratory events:( She is one of only only 13 students that survived the class, out of 37?? Anyway, I'm as proud as can be. She will continue her goal of Nurse Practitioner, or anesthetist.

OH, which one of you want to work for me Monday night:laughing: 21* forcasted and we will be working outside:mur:

Congratulations to your daughter, Dennis! That's great.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,500  
Dennis- Congratulations, I know you are very proud of your daughter.

Farmgirl- Made the treck yesterday to Big Sandy so the liquor cabinet is stocked. Brought up enough firewood to the house to last several days, so I guess we're ready for the "Blue Norther" to hit. Just hope we can avoid the ice. Ya'll be careful out there for the next couple of days, it could get ugly.

Charlie