Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,501  
Dennis, hoping to avoid any rain in the near future. Got a good wash job in MS earlier this week.
Don, good picture.
Hope I do not have make a run to store for supplies. Heading further south early this morning.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,502  
Yes, you do! And you need to share it too!

I'll be stocking the liquor cabinet tomorrow, on my way in from work. Might get a 3 day weekend, but would rather have it when there is better weather to enjoy it. If we get what they are calling for, I won't do much more than drink, keep a hole in the ice for horses to get to water, drink, feed critters, keep wood on the fire, and drink. Might play at my new winter hobby some too, just to keep from going stir crazy. :cool2:

Farmgirl- Heres a decent recipe that I had. Only problem is you have to drink it all while it is still warm........Some problem.

More ∨ 2 bottles light-bodied red wine
1 1/4 cups sugar
Zest of 1 orange
Zest of 1 lemon
3 black peppercorns, crushed
2 cardamom pods, crushed
One 3-inch cinnamon stick, crushed
1 clove, crushed
1/2 cup kirsch

In a large saucepan, combine the red wine with the sugar and the orange and lemon zests. Put the spices in a tea ball and add to the saucepan. Bring the wine to a very slow simmer over moderate heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Remove from the heat, discard the tea ball and stir in the kirsch. Ladle the spiced wine into heatproof glasses and serve at once.
Make Ahead The spiced wine can be kept overnight at room temperature. Reheat before serving.

Charlie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,503  
Ron, Welcome to Texas!! One shower ought to wash off Michigan and make you a Texan!!:laughing:

Oh no! Ron has to say, "Howdy y'all!" at least three times in 24 hours before he sheds all his Michigan dust. I wish he'd do that really quickly because the forecast keeps changing for the worse as he is the Michigan weather magnet. Just look at the forecast for Bowie, TX for the next week. Sheesh! We haven't even reached the first day of winter yet.:confused2:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,504  
Whatever Y'all don't want of this norther..........send it down here.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,505  
Don,
Shoot us the link when it is up and going.
hugs, Brandi
Texas Grapple Shootout
Coming soon in the "Attachments" thread.
3 TBN members, 2 tractors 2 grapples
Beautiful Texas weather.
Preview photo below:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#3,506  
Bird, Charlie, thanks fellas:thumbsup:, she has worked hard.

Light rain mixed with sleet right now, looks to be like a couple cool days!! We may have to talk Ron int putting on a seminar on how to deal with arctic weather:laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,507  
she has worked hard.

There is no doubt about that. No rain or sleet here, yet, but I have an ample supply of MacGavins single malt Scotch, Crown Royal, Sangria, groceries, and a brand new TV I just got going a couple of hours ago, so I reckon we can last out a pretty big cold and bad weather situation.:laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,508  
I managed to get home before the precip hit. It was a clear sky with the moon and stars when I fed my horses, this morning. By the time I left for work, at 0545, it was getting overcast. I got home, and put the blankets on the horses, and came in and put another log on the fire, and began to thaw out a little myself. Looked outside, and it was beginning to sprinkle. So, went out to give hay to the horses, and it began sleeting on me. I am sure glad to be home, and have critters settled, with food. If power stays on, I can ride this one out, I think.

Native; Thanks for the recipe! It sounds great! I have no problem drinking that warm, when it is cold outside! :D

bindian; I wish that I could send you this "Blue Norther"! It is not supposed to get above freezing here before Wednesday. I'd give winter to anyone that wanted it, and I'd take summer again!

Western; Congrats on the daughter's graduation! Does she have to take National and State Board exams now to work as an RN, or did she take them during her last semester of school?

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#3,509  
FG19 Thanks! She took them Mon and Tuesday. She was in the books all weekend str8! I had forgotten what "finals" where like:laughing:

She is considering Texas Women's Univ. for continuing Ed.

OK Boys and Girls, Sleet pretty constant right now, the porch and all elevated areas here, is civered in Ice. Temp 27*, Wind chill 15*

Went out to the mailbox and the road still appears and feels drivable, but I doubt that last past 10pm tonight (if that late)