Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,511  
FG19 Thanks! She took them Mon and Tuesday. She was in the books all weekend str8! I had forgotten what "finals" where like:laughing:

She is considering Texas Women's Univ. for continuing Ed.

I have a good, longtime friend in the Lakeworth area. She is an RN and NP. I think she has spoken of Boards, as well as Cliical Competency exams. She said the wait for those results was the worst, as they took a few weeks. She has always been in demand for employment, and can almost "name her wage", since getting her Masters and the NP. She attended TCU for the advanced stuff, and swears by it, as her advanced training did a LOT of Emergency Room work in JPS in FTW. She said it was fast and wicked, especially on weekends, but it made her good at what she does, and she wouldn't take a million bucks for that experience today. She said THAT is what prepared her for the real world, even more than the classroom stuff.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,512  
There is no doubt about that. No rain or sleet here, yet, but I have an ample supply of MacGavins single malt Scotch, Crown Royal, Sangria, groceries, and a brand new TV I just got going a couple of hours ago, so I reckon we can last out a pretty big cold and bad weather situation.:laughing:

Braggert! :laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,515  
Don, I didn't see whether you got your phone working or not. I've been away a few days. We have a vacuum oven at work I can put it in. Nothing draws out moisture like a lot of vacuum and a little bit of heat. I put mine in for a few hours at full vacuum and about 122 degrees F. It did the trick but mine just fell in a puddle momentarily under water, not the washing machine treatment.

If you would like me to try it, let me know.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#3,516  
FG, JPS is as close to "real world " as you can get!! all the way to the bottom if you know what I mean. I am guessing here, but I think if this healthcare debacle stays around, NP will be in huge demand since MD's are bailing.

OK still only 27* but I have probably over 1/4" of ice/sleet mix. Report from wife's work in Weatherford is the roads have become treacherous. Glad I got extra wood in case the power goes out!!!

Hope everyone has prepared for a few days locked in the house, would hate to have to venture out in this .

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,517  
Looks like bad weather heading to Texas, all stay safe and keep warm and dry!

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,518  
Don, I didn't see whether you got your phone working or not. I've been away a few days. We have a vacuum oven at work I can put it in. Nothing draws out moisture like a lot of vacuum and a little bit of heat. I put mine in for a few hours at full vacuum and about 122 degrees F. It did the trick but mine just fell in a puddle momentarily under water, not the washing machine treatment.

If you would like me to try it, let me know.

I had just bought dehumidifier and I put it in the closet and its been at 30% for two days. The display on the inside started working but not the outside display. I found an old cell phone and put the sim card in it and it works OK, the battery looks like it's holding at least a day before I need to recharge. I looked for a refurbished one from AT&T and they were about $170. I found one on amazon for $35. and ordered it. My 2 year contract ends in March and I'll re-evaluate then to see if I want to get an iphone or continue with the basic phones. Thanks for the offer.

37˚ at 9:30 P.M.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,519  
Well we're not freezing yet this morning. It's raining pretty hard but it's 34*. Looks like the freezing temps will be here shortly and it going to be as cold as a week old enchilada. Wish the wife could stay home on a day like this, but I don't think that's happening. I may take her to work, that would make me feel a little better about it. I just hate to have here out in this mess.

I pulled some Chili out of the freezer last night and we had Frito Pie........Yuuuum. Next up in the warm your tummy menu .....Cheese Enchiladas, Rice and Beans........The Enchilada Platter. They re-heat real easy the next morning for Breakfast (With some Eggs). So I think we're set for this weather for the next few days.

Charlie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,520  
24 this morning .. Looking out I see a white blanket looks like a couple inches ... 24 appears to be the high today and looking at a record 8 degrees tonight... Be safe everybody.