Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,261  
Thanks, Buppies! I appreciate the updates! I hope this is of the rain and storm kind, not the ice and storm kind! I'm sick of the ice and cold!

I bought fertilizer (Scotts Turf Builder) yesterday and fired up the mower, string trimmer, and tiller for a few minutes just to make sure they all still work. Now all I gotta do is find enough energy to get started on the yard tomorrow.:D So if I get done with the mowing, dethatching, and fertilizing, I hope we do get lot of rain next weekend.

But we sure do like the current weather. We've got kids and grandkids coming after church today, so I've got to get in the kitchen and start a big slow cooker full of Cajun Shrimp Stew.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,262  
I bought fertilizer (Scotts Turf Builder) yesterday and fired up the mower, string trimmer, and tiller for a few minutes just to make sure they all still work. Now all I gotta do is find enough energy to get started on the yard tomorrow.:D So if I get done with the mowing, dethatching, and fertilizing, I hope we do get lot of rain next weekend.

But we sure do like the current weather. We've got kids and grandkids coming after church today, so I've got to get in the kitchen and start a big slow cooker full of Cajun Shrimp Stew.

Bird-Thanks for the reminder to get started with the fertilizer. The weather this week should be pretty good for changing oil and filters and getting all the lawn and garden equipment in good shape.

Had to change the the fan belt on the lawn tractors mowing deck Friday (It seems I'm a little tough on those belts). After having to do it about 5 times over the last 12 years it's getting to be a pretty quick job. Stopped by TSC to see about a belt and it was $24, about 1/2 what I paid at Sears for the last one.

Have a great day with the Grandkids.

Charlie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,263  

Your two months ahead of us on lawn work.:D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,264  
Putting up the cattle panels for the tomatoes today. Putting them up vertically as supports-tied into the corners of the raised beds. Going to put the seedlings in the cold frame to harden them off for a week or 10 days. Same for the peppers. Corn goes in mid-march-fast approaching. Time to open the spring and summer thread??

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,265  
I spent yesterday working on plumbing around here. New shower head installed, new toilet purchased, (but is heavy enough, I'll need a little help getting the old one out and new one into position), changed hearing element in water heater, mucked around cleaning contacts on the pressure tank solenoid/switch, (sometimes, it would not come on at 40 psi, and other times, it would not shut off at 60 psi!), etc. All things that have needed doing, but I think they will make good winter projects, only to realize, I hate doing that stuff in the COLD. No excuses with yesterday's weather!

I have either created new muscles, or awakened some old ones that have been sleeping too long. Today, I hope to spend hoeing in the garden, getting it ready to plant in about 3 weeks. I'm beginning to think Aleve and I will be re-introduced before bedtime tonight.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,266  
I've replaced a few toilets myself in years past, but last year I spent the money to let a professional replace both of ours with Toto ADA toilets; sure do like them better than any I've seen or used in the past.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,267  
Some pictures of the outing yesterday,, was a nice day.. Lou

new addition the calf,, and max (the dog) got in trouble and had to set in the truck..

golfskeetbbqbeermoon 016.jpg

golfskeetbbqbeermoon 030.JPG

golfskeetbbqbeermoon 033.JPG

golfskeetbbqbeermoon 038.jpg

golfskeetbbqbeermoon 045.JPG

golfskeetbbqbeermoon 049.JPG

golfskeetbbqbeermoon 056.JPG

golfskeetbbqbeermoon 062.JPG

Attachments

• golfskeetbbqbeermoon 047.jpg
    golfskeetbbqbeermoon 047.jpg
    978.7 KB · Views: 67
  • golfskeetbbqbeermoon 059.JPG
    golfskeetbbqbeermoon 059.JPG
    516.4 KB · Views: 65
   / Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,269  
It was Dennis,, started about noon and ended about 10 last night.. it would have ended about 8 if someone would have stop throwing logs on the fire.:rolleyes:. Lou

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#5,270  
That's what logs are for!! Not like you have to get up and go to work in the morn'n:laughing: Nothing like looking at new calves, I used to spend hours out with mine, just plain relaxing for me.