Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #7,341  
I was riding in the back of Don's old golf cart with my wife at his place and we saw it. I think it was a jaguarundi (sp?).

View attachment 494492

Around here they call it the Moab Monster. It's usually seen by people after several, several beers, but I have seen it about a dozen times without the aid of beer.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #7,342  
Now I'm really confused, are we talking about 3 different cougars? The cougars in the bar. We're they older females, or college students from Houston?

Maybe older female U of H students?

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #7,343  
IMG_0835.JPG

Shasta, the real deal!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #7,344  
Dad shot at a black panther years ago on our deer lease, east of Cleveland near the Trinty River. Out on our lease years before, between Tomball and Magnolia, I heard what I thought at the time was a bobcat holler out. Could that have been a Black Panther?

When I heard it, I froze in my deer stand, wishing the stand was higher up and had sides. All I could do was point my Winchester 94 at where I heard the sound and prayed for daylight!
Nowadays, with cell phones, I would have texted Dad to come get me. I was 16 or 17.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #7,349  
Brandi;

May be time to retire the 286 / DOS 3.0 computer?

Timeline of DOS operating systems - Wikipedia

My first computer predates DOS, it was an Osborn II portable running CPM. I did a lot with that old thing, no hard drive and dual 5.25 floppies. I had dBase, SuperCalc, WordStar and a few useless games. I wish I still had it.

Brandi, if you need something to get away from those old ones, I can build you one. :D
I have never bought a computer since the Osborn, I have built everything from my first 286 to my current one.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #7,350  
My first one, in the early 1980's, was an AT&T 6300. It was running dos 1.0, 2 x 5.25 floppies and no hard drive. Installed a 5 mB hard drive after a couple of years. I still have it, as an antique.