Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,521  
Supposed to get down to 7 here Monday night. It doesn't look like a long term event.

In contrast, the high temp in the place I grew up will be -6 Sunday. We had a stretch when I was in HS that didn't get above zero for a month. Cold is only bad if you need to go out and work in it.

I may need to put the tractor in the garage.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,522  
Weather people are forecasting very cold temps for here next Sunday through Tuesday.
Mon and Tue never get above 32 and low of +10F. They are saying pay close attention Saturday as Monday/Tuesday may or may not include precipitation which may be ice or snow or sleet. Multiple stations actually said the "Model's" have conflicting outlooks at this time.
Bread and Milk at the stores will be bought out by Saturday! :rolleyes:
oh, I forgot to include the more important part, windchill factor will make it -9F

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,524  
From the weather reports I'm seeing it looks like Tuesday will tell the tale of this years bad winter weather. It is predicted to be down to 16f Monday night and the high will only be 29f Tuesday.

So if we make it through Tuesday we are probably good.

Meanwhile Santa Monica is seeing lows in the mid 40's and highs in the mid 60's. I love their weather!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,526  
it is supposed to get as low as 8 degrees here over the next few days. 58 high today, 28 high tomorrow, 24 Monday. Then, it's warms back up. 65% chance of snow/ice Sunday and Monday. This may make you feel warmer. The report for where I grew up...

1000001773.jpg

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,528  

Have you made plans to attend the 2024 Cattle Raisers Convention & Expo?​

March 22-24 in Fort Worth

TSCRA.org
I want to but we already have a cruise to the Western Caribbean scheduled that week. We went to the TSCRA party and the rodeo last night at the new Dickies Arena at the Fort Worth Stock Show. Parked in the Chevy Garage next door to the arena, had a reserved spot. They have traffic control well laid out. Drove right in and out without any delays.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,529  
Currently 21 degrees in Athens. We already have a light coating of snow/ice on the grass and sidewalks. Waiting for the heavy stuff to start.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #8,530  
Got a fine coating of sleet and a low of 18 degrees this morning. Currently 20 degrees.