Texas Spring/Summer Thread

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,321  
Got 6 and quarter inches of rain on Monday but today I got less than one inches.. I must be living right.. oh,, but wait the day is not over yet.. The pastures were dry enough to cut on Sunday,, Got everything ready to start on Monday.. But couldn't get to my boat mowing grass cutting weed killing MO-chine, the water was to high.:shocked::laughing:. Well there is always next month.. I will have hay before this year is over,, it maybe water logged which will save the cows from going to the creek to drink..:) Lou

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,322  
Got 6 and quarter inches of rain on Monday but today I got less than one inches.. I must be living right.. oh,, but wait the day is not over yet.. The pastures were dry enough to cut on Sunday,, Got everything ready to start on Monday.. But couldn't get to my boat mowing grass cutting weed killing MO-chine, the water was to high.:shocked::laughing:. Well there is always next month.. I will have hay before this year is over,, it maybe water logged which will save the cows from going to the creek to drink..:) Lou

I'd be willing to bet you need a jon boat pretty soon after today.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,323  

Yeah - I feel bad for Lou. I almost loaded up and went out to property to work this morning. Then I checked the weather... Wow. We had a heavy dump from about noon through 3pm. Sure is nice and cool out there though. Everybody enjoy this last shot of fresh air before it's gone for 5 months!

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,324  

What do you mean pretty soon? Kyle.. lol.. we got another four inches yesterday.. that is a little over ten inches in a week.. but the nice thing is we only got an inch last week.. but that's what you get when you move to a rain forest.. :laughing: Lou

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,325  
Threw the U joint on the pto shaft on the cutter,, warpped the yokes on both end.. No way I can make a u joint match up.. so a new one.. this one is longer than most,, I needed 72 inches from the clutch to the pto drive.. so off to Tractor Supply Co.. bingo they have one that will fit.. cost 419 dollars,, come on now you sure this is the right price?.. I asked,, yes, I was told, that the right price.. Came back to the house and got on the computers,, Northern tools,, 139 dollars,, plus shipping,, 51 dollars for two day shipping,, hundred and ninety bucks.. same pto shaft as tractor supply had for 419,, Thinking they maybe the way of Sears before long.. price themself out of bussiness.. sad.. Lou

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,326  
Threw the U joint on the pto shaft on the cutter,, warpped the yokes on both end.. No way I can make a u joint match up.. so a new one.. this one is longer than most,, I needed 72 inches from the clutch to the pto drive.. so off to Tractor Supply Co.. bingo they have one that will fit.. cost 419 dollars,, come on now you sure this is the right price?.. I asked,, yes, I was told, that the right price.. Came back to the house and got on the computers,, Northern tools,, 139 dollars,, plus shipping,, 51 dollars for two day shipping,, hundred and ninety bucks.. same pto shaft as tractor supply had for 419,, Thinking they maybe the way of Sears before long.. price themself out of bussiness.. sad.. Lou
Mine did the same thing last week.
I bought one on eBay with a slip clutch for 165.
I just don't see how tractor supply sells any pto shafts at those prices.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,327  
My deere dealer sold me a long pto shaft for the post hole digger, aftermarket, complete for $134 Not nearly as heavy duty as a bushhog shaft.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,328  
Lou just take it back and order one off line,that's crazy.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #6,330  
Saw the Dermatologist yesterday,, back to a brim hat for the summer.. they shade,, but hot.. but he is expensive.. the hat was not..
So I headed to the Academy sports and outdoors to get me a nice but cheap hat to cover up my big ears,, I was lucky I found it.. being camouflage in the Camouflage department.. also I wear a size 8,, I don't like one size fits-all because they only fit 7 and half and below.. paid for it and left,, now I feel I have done what the doctor said to do,, no more skin cancer for me.. it is a good feeling.. the picture is of me modeling the hat.. what y'all think?.. smile.. Lou

WIN_20160525_14_49_24_Pro.jpg