Texas Spring/Summer Thread

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,181  
Yessiree, Mr. Two Bit. Particularly true here in Bastrop County

Schools, County, emergency districts, all have become self serving, seeking any excuse
for expansion of their little feifdoms.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,182  
Heat wave here. If you get too hot, drank your pickle juice.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,183  
I agree that property taxes should be eliminated and replaced with a consumer tax.

Also school administrative positions should be cut by 60% and school budgets reduced accordingly.

The amount of money wasted in our public schools is a crime in itself.
The time I’ve spent tutoring my 16 year old niece has proven to me that 3 out 4 teachers couldn’t care less about the effectiveness of their lesson plans.

Too often in rural areas especially schools have become the largest employer in the county. So, they have evolved from having a purpose of educating children to be productive citizens and instead become patronage job centers for friends and allies of the local establishment.

Yessiree, Mr. Two Bit. Particularly true here in Bastrop County

Schools, County, emergency districts, all have become self serving, seeking any excuse
for expansion of their little feifdoms.
If you guys only knew what happens in the schools. Don't be so quick to blame the schools, they are state and federally mandated.

In our district, there is a minority student that has "problems" and has to be schooled at home by SPECIAL school teachers. $30,000 per month....FOR 1 STUDENT....

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,184  
If you guys only knew what happens in the schools. Don't be so quick to blame the schools, they are state and federally mandated.

In our district, there is a minority student that has "problems" and has to be schooled at home by SPECIAL school teachers. $30,000 per month....FOR 1 STUDENT....
I know exactly how it goes...I'm a public school teacher...at least for one more year. Wife just retired and our buildings ought to be up soon.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,185  
Our district is very frugal, as frugal as they can be. We got a great deal building our new high school about 12 years ago or so.

I'm personal friends with 2 of the administrators.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,186  
Hey Kyle,
Are Y'all getting pounded with rain right now? Radar is lite up over Y'alls way.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,188  
I hate Live Oak trees,
I LOVE live oak and especially California native Valley oak the largest and most long lived oak on the continent.

I also love Siberian Elm. Fast growing shade trees.
Tell ya what You bring me all your live oaks and you can take home with you all the progressive soccer moms you can snag.
I hear they are good eating and freeze well.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,189  
I believe we only got 1/2" but 20 miles below us in Lagrange they got 2.5"

Hoping for more, but not any near right now.
That either helped the hay crop or beat it down. Better than here. We got .02 of an inch this week. Double of the week before. Just about 2 drops more than you can count.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,190  
I was up in Lubbock beginning of the week. Got a bit of rain up there and Temps were seasonably cool (high 80s). Was in Seguin last Saturday and it was hot and dry. Corn down there looked close to harvest.