Texas Spring/Summer Thread

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,281  
111 degrees in the shade now. Two days ago, I had to start watering a giant White Oak tree near my driveway to the barn. The top of the tree looks like fall colors, with leaves turning orange(ish) brown.
An elm and a sweet gum are turning colors at the top also, but I don't care about them.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,282  
106 degrees in Athens. I have started watering today as well to save the oak trees in the front yard.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,283  
I feel it. In San Antonio right now. My wife is doing a work thing down here until our house is finished. My bald head does not like it!

It is much drier here though than where we are. Lots of small grass fires near the highways.
If you are hanging around SA anyway, don't miss the shrimp nachos and margaritas at Rosario's downtown on South St. Mary's.

Of course there are many, many good places in San Antonio.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,284  
If you are hanging around SA anyway, don't miss the shrimp nachos and margaritas at Rosario's downtown on South St. Mary's.

Of course there are many, many good places in San Antonio.
We are on the SE side at the moment, not far from the TSAR. I'm heading back north in a few hours. Her contract goes to Feb., but I expect she will leave early. House isn't finished yet, so she will be more comfortable here in her ABNB than a cheap motel.

We've spent some time in SA before. 5 years coming here for All-State musicians. A trip or two for Sea World and such when they were little. Taught my daughters to shoot at a range on the NE side. Rosario sounds familiar. One of our favorite spots is La Panaderia. Kind of a bakery/breakfast place.

Thanks for the recommendation!

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,285  
We are on the SE side at the moment, not far from the TSAR. I'm heading back north in a few hours. Her contract goes to Feb., but I expect she will leave early. House isn't finished yet, so she will be more comfortable here in her ABNB than a cheap motel.

We've spent some time in SA before. 5 years coming here for All-State musicians. A trip or two for Sea World and such when they were little. Taught my daughters to shoot at a range on the NE side. Rosario sounds familiar. One of our favorite spots is La Panaderia. Kind of a bakery/breakfast place.

Thanks for the recommendation!
I can recommend Texas Pride BBQ too. Out on the SE quadrant of 1604. Been awhile since I was there but it was great.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,286  
I can recommend Texas Pride BBQ too. Out on the SE quadrant of 1604. Been awhile since I was there but it was great.
I'll have to hit that one on my way home next time. She is staying more SW of there not too far from the mission area. She like BBQ, but it often makes her a little ill. Once we get settled and she re-retires, I want to get to the top 10 Texas BBQ joints, you know the ones that are only open 4 days a week and when they run out of something, they're out. I love BBQ and I am equal opportunity, I enjoy many different styles for what they are.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,289  
I got a lots of droplets. Enough to have water still clinging to fallen leaves when I went out to feed the fish. Really just enough to lower the fire hazard. 60 acres burnt yesterday, around the corner from me. They say a welder caused the fire.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,290  
I briefly thought about using my grill...we are not close to the coast so no rain way up here. Rain chance goes up to around 25% beginning of next week. Maybe we'll get some then.