Texas Spring/Summer Thread

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,082  
Hey, it's okay now. One end stretching the tarp tight over the main rope ripped out and the end of the tarp is vertical. So no major tarp failure, which would have equaled a flood. So I am enjoying the slow, soaking rains I am getting.

I will fab some wooden blocks that will hold the rope, while the tarp is sandwiched between the two blocks with screws. I will get these up as soon as it quits raining, so sunshine will come back ASAP.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread
#7,083  
bindian said, "So I am enjoying the slow, soaking rains I am getting."

Sure wish I could say the same. Just hot and dry here and no relief in the forecasts.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,085  
Same here. No rain.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,086  
I got the tarp end back up today. At least where it will shed rain. Still gotta secure more from billowing. So the sunshine is gonna come out now.:unsure:
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,088  
I just wanted to sympathize with those of you who live in Texas. A friend says there were six ERCOT power plant outages yesterday. How's that deregulation working out for you? Plus, 100 degree heat? As an old carpenter once told me, "If I had a farm in Texas and a home in Hell, I'd sell the farm and go home."

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,089  
Jinman mentioned that we needed to start this thread, so I decided I would. And to start with . . . I hate Live Oak trees, unless they're a long ways from the house, and mine are not. For those who don't know it, they stay green year round, but they also shed leaves year round, and especially this time of year. And those leaves fill the rain gutters, stop up the downspouts, etc. So yesterday I was up and down the ladder, cleaning them out again. And then I put the bagger on the mower and filled three and a half contractor bags with a mix of green grass and dry Live Oak leaves. And now it won't be long before these two Live Oak trees produce their catkins that are as bad, if not worse, than the leaves.

But with a low temperature of 66 going for a high of 78 in March:confused:. Hard to believe. But everything, yards, highway right-of-ways, etc. is either getting mowed or needs mowing.

I have some live oaks 20' from my front door. Whippoorwills in them last night. Wouldn't trade it for the world.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,090  
I just wanted to sympathize with those of you who live in Texas. A friend says there were six ERCOT power plant outages yesterday. How's that deregulation working out for you? Plus, 100 degree heat? As an old carpenter once told me, "If I had a farm in Texas and a home in Hell, I'd sell the farm and go home."

Yes, it's hot in Texas. We had plenty of power until the rest of the world decided to move here. Our roads are congested, snakes in the grass, poison ivy/oak/sumac, cactus, sticker burrs.....

Oh the humidity!!!