Texas Spring/Summer Thread

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,131  
Jacket weather is nice. That there allows you to wear the same clothes all day and not change soaked clothes out 2 or 3 times aday. I'd take that anyday.
hugs, Brandi
True, but by mid May we’re kinda tired of cold and want some warm weather. At the elevation I live at, the weather typically gets hot after memorial day weekend, but is changeable before then.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,132  
True, but by mid May we’re kinda tired of cold and want some warm weather. At the elevation I live at, the weather typically gets hot after memorial day weekend, but is changeable before then.
Heck, not us. After the temps. we had in May so far...............I am already looking forward to the first cold, eh... cool front arriving.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,133  
Had a new sawmill customer come out last week. They just moved from Washington state down to Bryan. He commented about the humidity and I said this is nothing. Wait until July, Aug, and Sept.
I am used to it, but each year it seems it drags me down more and more.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,134  
Had a new sawmill customer come out last week. They just moved from Washington state down to Bryan. He commented about the humidity and I said this is nothing. Wait until July, Aug, and Sept.
I am used to it, but each year it seems it drags me down more and more.
hugs, Brandi
You must be in deep east Texas? I have a son in Baton Rouge, so I know what you are talking about with humidity.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,135  
You must be in deep east Texas? I have a son in Baton Rouge, so I know what you are talking about with humidity.
Nope. Just East Texas. An hour north of Houston. In the SYP forests.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,136  
Dang, Brandi, we only got 1/4 inch when our little thunderpopper came through.
Glad to get it cause that's all we've had for six weeks.
Glad you got such a nice rain.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread
#7,137  
NWS shows Denton got .01", but here 10 miles south of the airport, my gauge got .02", but sure nothing like some of your got.🤣🤣 Of course rain is forecast for tomorrow.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,138  
I checked our smaller rain gauge today and it confirmed the bigger one. Right around 4.12 inches. More rain scheduled for tonight/Tuesday and Wed.
The thunderbumper was shaking the walls of the house.
We didn't need much rain. Our area is not in the drought zone. We just needed enough to water the grass and keep the dust on the roads and not above them. Not a gully washer that almost washed the garden away.

Where are Y'all located?

hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,139  
Not clickbait. That was from a friend who lives in South Texas. She's less than pleased at the mess the energy utilities have made of that state. They have sucked up all your money and left you with a junk electrical system that works fine until you need it.
Your friend is falling for very incorrect Information. We have some media here who want to blame the Governor every time a light blinks somewhere in Texas. Six generators did go down and were quickly replaced. It affected very few people. Routine basically.

Your post really appears to be a trolling attempt in the Texas thread. It makes you look pretty bad. Your fake tears are not impressive.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,140  
It’s interesting that the natural gas plants and wind generators go out in Texas when it gets cold. My son in Austin was out of power for 10 days. Meanwhile the natural gas and wind farms keep working in adjacent New Mexico and Oklahoma, both of which get colder weather than Texas.
It’s said that the full cost of weatherization of an individual well is $500,000. I don’t want to pay the increased costs of power for that when it’s such a rare event that power is out for extended times.

The weatherization can be done strategically and over time to work it in.

Wind turbines froze up during the last freeze. They were the most unreliable at that time.